Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

I figured out the problem. Setting type mask to -2 sets tether, data, and voicemail to cingular.wap

Setting it to -3 or -4 enables it only for tether, data (and mms) but leaves voicemail setting up to the carrier bundle.

Now everything works for me with type mask -3.

Default got it, then lost it
    Got it to work when i swapped my sim card into my wifes phone, then put the sim card back in my iphone and it worked for about 4 hours. if that.

Gonna have to try and do the sim switch again tonight. hopefully it works for a little longer. too bad it's such a pain and that AT&T blows goat so badly it's not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    kinda curious about something...as I've previously stated in theses threads I currently have a RZR v9 contract with AT&T but use my sim in a 1st gen jailbroken iphone and have SwirlyMMS working fine and has been for months...I recently did the upgrade and preordered my 3GS through the AT&T site, my Swirly still currently works now and they show on the order that they'll b sending me a new sim along with my 3GS...if I was to not use the new sim they send and wait for a jailbreak/activate for the 3GS (regardless of how long it may be) anyone think I could then slip in my original sim that Im currently using and have AT&T MMS functionality?
    No. The sim card for the original phone is not a 3G sim so it will not work

The BIG question I have is when my 3gs arrives this week, Will there be a carrier file that I can upgrade thru itunes that will allow the 3gs to do MMS. Even the video MMS as I did see a pic with that as a feature on the 3gs. Reason I am asking is because at&t is not sappose to release the MMS to the iphone until late summer..? WTH?!?! Anyway, I currently have my 3g iphone with the latest 3.0 and the carrier file updated using itunes 8.2 (from the beta 4 as it still allows carrier file updated) and all is good with MMS and has been for over a month now.

hi - thanks for the tethering it works and voicemail works - everything is great - but my network now has a cellular data network pointer and when I open it up it says: Cellular data APN wap.cingular
    Visual voicemail APN wapcingular an the same for MMS - can I ask you what those are?

thanks again

After following various instructions around the web this morning (thanks everybody!), I can now *attempt* to send an MMS, however (like everyone) it is rejecting the transfer at about 90%. I have a family messaging plan with a non-iPhone user that supports MMS--does that mean that my account has MMS activated? And if so then why is it being a butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashleysaurus View Post
    After following various instructions around the web this morning (thanks everybody!), I can now *attempt* to send an MMS, however (like everyone) it is rejecting the transfer at about 90%. I have a family messaging plan with a non-iPhone user that supports MMS--does that mean that my account has MMS activated? And if so then why is it being a butt?
    You gotta call at&t and get someone to provision your account. You need to tell them to make sure the snooper is activated (2 different places) and also reset your DMA's and OTA's or somethin like that. Most good reps will know what your talking about and help you, some will THINK they know how to help you do this and really not know anything about it... Some will SAY they are helping you and NOT do it... Other will just flat out say... We are not alloed to do this for you like most people have been getting. at&t is soooooooo stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    You gotta call at&t and get someone to provision your account. You need to tell them to make sure the snooper is activated (2 different places) and also reset your DMA's and OTA's or somethin like that. Most good reps will know what your talking about and help you, some will THINK they know how to help you do this and really not know anything about it... Some will SAY they are helping you and NOT do it... Other will just flat out say... We are not alloed to do this for you like most people have been getting. at&t is soooooooo stupid...
    Okay, so just to clarify, even though my messaging plan has MMS and I don't have the standard iPhone texting plan... that still isn't enough to get MMS to work? I don't understand how some people are getting MMS working without calling AT&T. If I were an AT&T rep, I would hate my life today. Imagine how many jerks are yelling at them over this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashleysaurus View Post
    Okay, so just to clarify, even though my messaging plan has MMS and I don't have the standard iPhone texting plan... that still isn't enough to get MMS to work? I don't understand how some people are getting MMS working without calling AT&T. If I were an AT&T rep, I would hate my life today. Imagine how many jerks are yelling at them over this service.
    LOL, I know... and yes, this is the only way. Even thou what you have by having the family plan is required, its not the only piece. The people that have gotton it to work without calling and doing the sim swap, I am not sure how. I have tried that way and never got it to work. I beleive that only works when you have a PDA plan for the data cause every time I tried to get the medianet site to send the text code to my phone, it would give me an error when I put in my telephone number cause it knows this account has an iphone i beleive.Hope this helps.

If you don't use an iPhone on an iPhone plan (like I do; e.g., you bought it on Craigslist and hacktivated using QuickPwn), use the following settings for MMS:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected] (Case-sensitive, will not work capital)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (Case-sensitive)
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Those are the settings that AT&T gives out for their smartphones that aren't locked down with preloaded settings. GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by andyplace View Post
    I figured out the problem. Setting type mask to -2 sets tether, data, and voicemail to cingular.wap

Setting it to -3 or -4 enables it only for tether, data (and mms) but leaves voicemail setting up to the carrier bundle.

Now everything works for me with type mask -3.

hook a brother up with your IPCC file or translate the above into instructions someone retarded like me can follow.

For people having problems:

Have you all put your sim card in another phone and changed your phone on your att account?

Once you do this, add the unlimited media net package. Then activate your phone number at https://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/
    You'll get a text with your special code to activate it.

Do this prior to changing all the apn settings and your mms should work fine.

ATTENTION! HERE IS THE UPDATED IPCC FOR AT&T!

It allows MMS, Tethering, Internet, Visual Voicemail, and access to the Cellular Network Settings.

You will need to hold shift+update for windows and option+update for a Mac. Select the ipcc file and it will flash your phone in about 5 seconds. Reboot your phone and you should be good.

Remember I have gotten an AT&T rep to provision my account for MMS. Updating with this file in no way guarantees you will have MMS.

Without further ado, here is the updated ipcc: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

MY SETTINGS IN THE CELLULAR DATA SETTINGS TAB IS THIS:

APN ONE: MMS ON / TETHERING TR ON / TETHERING AU ON
    APN TWO: MMS OFF / TETHERING TR ON / TETHERING AU OFF
    APN THREE: MMS OFF / TETHERING TR ON / TETHERING AU OFF

Enjoy!

If you have trouble with itunes updating your ipcc, you can ssh the carrier settings into the phone.

Download the AT&T Bundle files here and unzip.

Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Replace files in Carrier Bundle.bundle with the ones downloaded in the ATT_US Folder.

i tried this... gave me the option, but it wont let me send it...
    still working on it though.. not backing down!

Quote Originally Posted by jbertz View Post
    For people having problems:

Have you all put your sim card in another phone and changed your phone on your att account?

Once you do this, add the unlimited media net package. Then activate your phone number at https://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/
    You'll get a text with your special code to activate it.

Do this prior to changing all the apn settings and your mms should work fine.
    Did that yesterday, only worked for about 4 hours. Once their system recognizes the sim is in your iphone again your settings change. Also all AT&T reps (Level 2 Support Techs) have been specifically instructed to not provision mms on any accounts (even if you say you are a registered developer) I called 3 times and got the same answer everytime. Looks like we are just going to have to wait............

......epic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn, I'm on 3.0 and I don't even have the option to attempt to MMS. I have no camera icon in my text app, I don't even have the cellular data settings anymore. I did back in beta4, but they disappeared and I can't get them back.

Freaking 3GS broke my MMS.

UPDATE: Got it up and running again!
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 06-19-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Freaking 3GS broke my MMS.

UPDATE: Got it up and running again!
    Please share with us how you did. I'm on a 3GS as well. I have the MMS options and I have them configured with the correct info (from above) but it still fails to send. I'm also on the generic family texting plan, nothing specific to the iPhone. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar123 View Post
    Please share with us how you did. I'm on a 3GS as well. I have the MMS options and I have them configured with the correct info (from above) but it still fails to send. I'm also on the generic family texting plan, nothing specific to the iPhone. Please help!
    Pop your sim in any other AT&T phone then make a couple of calls and go to mymedianet.wireless.att.com then put in your phone number change a couple things on the site then hit the update button on the lower right portion of the website. Then send MMS from other phone and pop sim in 3GS and all should be in order. I got this info from this guide: Gizmodo - How to Enable MMS in iPhone 3.0 Right Now - iPhone MMS. It works flawlessly.

did all of this. it was working just fine. now i still have mms working, but the tethering options are no longer in the General -> Network. where'd they go???

and i'm still not 100% should the type-mask be -2 or -3. with -2 i get apns for cell, vis vm, and mms, but if i change it to -3 then i only get cell and mms, no vvm.

Geez, nothing works, no matter what I try, I've called ATT a good 5 or 6 times to no avail. Sorta sux. Oh well, I say everyone on AT&T with an iPhone should just call them daily, ask to have their MMS provisioned, and when they say no, just very politely say, "Well I'm logging my daily complaint, and will continue to do so until the very day that MMS is launched. Not when you finally give a release date, but the day it actually launches." Ideally the phone call would last at least 2 minutes though.

Let's call it a daily phone petition. Instead of sending them a letter signed by a bunch of people, let's just get enough people to carve out time to give them a 2 or 3 minute call per day. Actually, given what it costs to staff phone reps, I'll be that would start to hit them where it counts if we could get a significant number around it. Maybe then they'd realize that their "most valuable customers" (see: Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone Away From Verizon - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com) are getting REALLY PISSED OFF.

I suppose it's a good idea in thought, but I don't really know how you get 30,000 - 50,000 additional people to call AT&T every day though. Seems like it could be done, aren't there some 2 million iPhones on AT&T?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DCBnG For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-19-2009)

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast