Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: At&t no contract ??

Default At&t no contract ??
    At&t is now offering no contract iphones only to at&t customer. Since At&t is not my carrier the no contract plan is not available to me. I know how to jailbreak and unlock but not sure how to get service from At&t without being an existing customer. I'm sure it's been discussed but can't find a straight forward answer. Can someone please perhaps post a link or a quick answer? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by jamriman; 04-02-2009 at 09:23 AM.

to me its not worth it - i have had at&t since 2004 with no problems and for that gladly renew my 4 year old contract (which is still the best out there)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silent1643 For This Useful Post:

jamriman (04-01-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    to me its not worth it - i have had at&t since 2004 with no problems and for that gladly renew my 4 year old contract (which is still the best out there)
    Thanks! But since I got the iphone 3g from ebay, how do I get around this if possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    Thanks! But since I got the iphone 3g from ebay, how do I get around this if possible?
    I bought my iphone off craiglist and i didnt need to extend my contract.
    all i did was call in and told them i won an iphone in a work contest, and they said i needed the 30$ unlimited data plan, which is an extra 30$ per month.. but it's a requirement, or your bill will be rediculous.

if you want unlimited texting it's another 25$ a month.

hopefully i answered your question

EDIT:
    I re read your original post 3 times and i actually still don't fully understand what you're asking..
    you want to become an ATT customer without being an ATT customer so you can buy an iphone? but you got one off ebay?

clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    I bought my iphone off craiglist and i didnt need to extend my contract.
    all i did was call in and told them i won an iphone in a work contest, and they said i needed the 30$ unlimited data plan, which is an extra 30$ per month.. but it's a requirement, or your bill will be rediculous.

if you want unlimited texting it's another 25$ a month.

hopefully i answered your question

EDIT:
    I re read your original post 3 times and i actually still don't fully understand what you're asking..
    you want to become an ATT customer without being an ATT customer so you can buy an iphone? but you got one off ebay?

clarify?
    Many thanks for your help. I got the iPhone since my contract with verizon is up. I want to switch to
    AT&T and get the go phone no contract plan. Since however I'm not an existing AT&T customer, they will not provide their service. I was hoping from jailbreak and unlocking I can somehow get their service. I figured I can use the iPhone with AT&T and when the new iphone comes out I can sell this one and recoup
    some funds for the new one. I hope this clarifies. Thanks again!
    Last edited by jamriman; 04-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.