Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE SWIRLY ON AT&T (Guide/Fix)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE SWIRLY ON AT&T (Guide/Fix)
    Sooo long story short I was having the same issues as everyone else.. I have a 1.1.3 Jailbroken AT&T Phone. I added the .25 per MMS message feature the other night and what do you know.. it worked with swirly. But as you all know AT&T does a sweep at night and knocks this service off our phones and probably gives you a message like "service denied".

If this is your problem like I had here is how you fix it (thanks to JuDizzle for the information) Call AT&T and instead of adding the .25 per MMS add the Smartphone Media Package. This allows users on AT&T to have a similar package to the iPhone unlimited internet/edge package that do not have an iPhone. The cost is an extra $19.99 a month but i've been able to send unlimited pic messages for 5 days straight since.

What settings did you use to set up Swirly MMS? Having hard time finding the correct settings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ive had unltd msging..... its always worked for me and i have att

This correct settings for SwirlySpace using AT&T are

mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 66.209.11.032

Nothing More Nothing Less ~ Exactly as I typed it

If you are able to call AT&T and add mms on your phone then you dont need anything listed in the MMS-APN settings.

When using SwirlySpace you need to make sure that in the top right-hand corner the "m" is green when sending a mms. If not you will receiver an error. This does successfully work on a 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 jailbreak/activate/unlock iphone. I have test both firmware. 1.1.2 I'm still working on.

Note: If you are using an existing sim card into your jailbreak/activate/unlock iphone, you wont have a problem calling AT&T and adding mms to your plan. IF YOU ACTIVATE YOUR PHONE THROUGH ITUNES, you will have a hard time kissing butt with AT&T to add mms to your plan. But you maybe able to talk them into pay as you go mms. GOOD LUCK

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommigrl7o2 View Post
    This correct settings for SwirlySpace using AT&T are

mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 66.209.11.032

Nothing More Nothing Less ~ Exactly as I typed it

If you are able to call AT&T and add mms on your phone then you dont need anything listed in the MMS-APN settings.

When using SwirlySpace you need to make sure that in the top right-hand corner the "m" is green when sending a mms. If not you will receiver an error. This does successfully work on a 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 jailbreak/activate/unlock iphone. I have test both firmware. 1.1.2 I'm still working on.

Note: If you are using an existing sim card into your jailbreak/activate/unlock iphone, you wont have a problem calling AT&T and adding mms to your plan. IF YOU ACTIVATE YOUR PHONE THROUGH ITUNES, you will have a hard time kissing butt with AT&T to add mms to your plan. But you maybe able to talk them into pay as you go mms. GOOD LUCK
    this is not the long & short of it
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you put your iPhone on a family plan and add the family messaging plan it will work.
    You add the iphone data pack to your iPhone
    Then you have MMS AND visual voicemail will still work

yall stuff dont work man

iPhone? More like MyPhone DJ420a's Avatar
    Thanks

Well from what Im reading, its not going too. AT&T blocked it

alright so i got all the settings right and i have the unlimited texting on a family plan but it still doesnt work for me. i get a message saying

"Failed to send MMS

Possible incorect mmsc setting.
    Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)"
    any help????????? thankss
    -Kris

Default Same Problem as Kris
    I just called ATT and said that I am using another phone sometimes and therefore want to add MMS on the plan, which was done. I got all the settings but am getting the same response when I send it as Kris did. Any help?

I just called ATT and said that I am using another phone sometimes and therefore want to add MMS on the plan, which was done. I got all the settings but am getting the same response when I send it as Kris did. Any help?

I have the green "M" in the corner and when it is sending it says:

Failed to send MMS
    Possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

Thanks!!
    Last edited by DasBo; 03-25-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Sick of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBo View Post
    I have the green "M" in the corner and when it is sending it says:
    Failed to send MMS
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)
    Thanks!!
    Same thing here- (yes, mms added to existing iPhone plan, blah blah blah..)
    I even tried using 10.250.250.100 with mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net to no avail. Doesn't look like it'll work. Maybe with the next version-
    For now, all we can hope is WAIT for a true working MMS for us AT&T customers. One more year to go and I'm going back to Verizon! (Hopefully they'll have a hack for the Prada)
    Last edited by oneflip76; 03-25-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: a/an mistype

THIS SUX DONKEY BALLS. WHAT THE HELL NO MMS FOR US AT&T erz . SO WHATS THE FAKE YOUR PHONE DEAL I SAW IN THE INSTALLER? ANYONE?

Any updates for AT&T users?? I have all the settings per the multiple posts i have read but still get
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

Thanks

crap... at&t users are left in the dust AGAIN
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Will us At&t users be able to user SwirleyMMS ever again? i hope so.

hey guys, Ive been getting most of the same trouble with it here. I called em up, and after like 3 times, i got mms added to my plan. I still get an error tho =/ ne thing new come up?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to spideybry For This Useful Post:

RottieMan (04-20-2008)

Thanks

Its Bull. I can not seem to understand why the Hell AT&T does this, or even better, how they can get away with it. They sell you the plan and say is includes MMS. What is next, they knock jailbroken iPhones off their network all together? More of a reason for me to leave AT&T. I threatened that one time when I was in there and they had the audacity to say I had to pay for the subsidy of the phone. I told them I bought the damn phone at an Apple store and they have no subsidy on it. Apple made a huge mistake going wtih AT&T, but they also made a huge mistake not including MMS.

On the other side, I don't even get the SMS messages with the password in them to view it online, so I have absolutely no way to access my MMS Pictures, as usual the AT&T people were no help, as they hung up the second they heard iPhone and MMS.

Thanks
    success story......
    I have been looking everywhere on what i could do get to get my Swirly MMS to work.. i have now sucessfully sent and recieved pictures using SwirlyMMS 0.3.8 with Swirly phone faking, on my jailbroken unlocked AT&T 1.1.4, i also i have the unlimited family text plan!!! Woo hoooo

Here is what i did, i hope this information helps more of you. I called 611 (dont call on your iphone because they will need to reprogram your services) i told them i was able to send pictures taking out my sim card and putting into my motorola razor. I told them suddenly i havent been able to do it. I told them that my brother works in the AT&T store and he told me to call and have them check "my Device Profile" no my account profile. By checking the the "Device Profile" ensure that the MMS are ON.
    Once they verify this, ask them since it didnt work to get you to technical support to have them trouble shoot your issue. Once you get to tech support let them know you use your Iphone and a razor to send and receive your pictures. Have them verify them everything is correct, ask them to cancel and re send the information to your phone (make sure your iphone is turned off) once there dont reprogramming and sending turn on phone, open swilry (already select a phone from swirly phone faking) and try to send a MMS. If they did it right , it should work....
    I use to get the 113/114 forbidden error and now im able to send and receive for the last two days.
    Also act like your testing using your Razor but really have your iphone doing the testing. I hope this help you all and be nice to them, they will be more willing to help!

Take care
    (Thank me if it helps)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RottieMan For This Useful Post:

Devante (04-19-2008), peddy84 (05-02-2008)

Hey, sorry but those instructions weren't completely clear.

Can you explain it a little more?

Turn off your iphone.
    Call AT&T, tell them to check your device profile and ensure MMS is on.
    Then ask for tech support and let them know you can use MMS on your RAZR *AND* iPhone?

Then have them reprogram your phone?

And what do you mean by "swirly phone faking?"

Thanks
    Sorry they werent clear ill try to simplify it.

1. turn off your Iphone, call 611 or Att from another line.
    2. tell them ur using a razor Or whatever other phone you want to say, and tell them your unable to send MMS using that phone, tell them you use this other phone only for sending or recieving pics and your iphone for normal use. Ensure you have a MMS plan such as the unlimited family text plan...
    3. ask the the customer service agent to check your Device profile and ensure the MMS is ON
    4. either them or a ask for a techinical support agent to reset your sevices, they canceled my services then resent to phone, tech support also ensure that my phone was programmed correctly on the backend.
    5. Once i did this i turned on my iphone ( i acted like it was my razor!).
    6. goto to swirlyMMS (i added the motorola phone on the swilrymms phone faking) and try to resend pic, it should work now (if they did everything right on there end...if not have them do it again, you paying for the service!!!!!

Swirly phone faking- im not a programmer but i was under the assumption that it tells the servers that its the designated phone when sending pics thru the servers. Im not sure if its required, but it works for me now using these features. Add this to your installer sources to get the phone faking: http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlyMMSSettings/Settings.xml....its case sensitive.....
    Last edited by RottieMan; 04-21-2008 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast