Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! iPhone temp solution

Default HELP! iPhone temp solution
    Okay so my iPhone 3G is no longer making calls. It's not jailbroken so that shouldn't have anything to do it with it. It was a long long time ago when I first bought it but thats it.

Recently, about 4 days ago, I lost ability to make calls, but could still receive them along with send and receive texts and use the internet, youtube, and googlemaps.

Now, I can no longer receive calls. Apple won't do anything for me because of the watermark ********, and so I'm screwed. I tried manual reset, trying restoring, and everything else that apple tells you to do. yes, i even brought it to them, and they suck.

What I want to do is buy a go phone for real cheap and put my sim in it. Anyone else have any better suggestions?
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    Okay so my iPhone 3G is no longer making calls. It's not jailbroken so that shouldn't have anything to do it with it. It was a long long time ago when I first bought it but thats it.

Recently, about 4 days ago, I lost ability to make calls, but could still receive them along with send and receive texts and use the internet, youtube, and googlemaps.

Now, I can no longer receive calls. Apple won't do anything for me because of the watermark ********, and so I'm screwed. I tried manual reset, trying restoring, and everything else that apple tells you to do. yes, i even brought it to them, and they suck.

What I want to do is buy a go phone for real cheap and put my sim in it. Anyone else have any better suggestions?

You can put your SIM in any ATT/Cingular/Unlocked Tmo phone. Just browse ebay or craigslist.org for one if you just want a phone.

If you want to pay, you can go in and get the replacement from Apple which will cost you what you paid originally under contract. I suggest you signup for the insurance offered by 3rd party providers.

Also, if you do get a non data capable phone, I suggest you save yourself some money and downgrade your plan. You can save $30 a month not having data.

OH! If the phone is in good physical condition, consider Ebaying it. People buy up phones and screens and back casings like crack cocaine on there. You might be able to get $200+ for the parts alone on it.
    Last edited by boxxa; 03-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks

if youre going to sell youre iphone i will be interested get at me

hey boxxa, I knew most of that, but thank you for the info anyways. But I didn't know that people would buy the parts so that is helpful, and it's actually in pretty much mint condition. I take really good care of it, and it's been in a case since day 1.

Jingram, how much are you looking to pay?

I don't necessarily want to sell it but if the price is right then I will. i need the cash lol
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.