Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me fool ATT!

Default Please help me fool ATT!
    Hey guys, I have a slight problem.

Okay, here goes. I originally had an original iPhone that I was using the 15 dollars/month unlimited internet with. I was able to do this because it was jailbroken and unlocked/activated. I just called an ATT rep and gave them an IMEI off an old Razr that I had and asked her to add unlimited internet for 15/month. However, I did have to forgo visual voice mail (not a big deal to me).

I recently got a 3g iphone and I would like to attempt to set up the same sort of thing. The problem is, which is different from the original iphone, the 3g has a different activation process. I jailbroke it (was unable to unlock it... PC user). When I booted it up for the first time it said "activating..." in the top right hand corner, and I got an email from att basically teling me that they knew I had a 3g phone and I dont have the 3g data plan.

Now, my question is, can I just call them and do the same thing again, give them a fake IMEI and get the 15/month unlimited data, or do I have to get the 30/month 3g plan?

Thanks in advance guys.

find another phone that has 3g and ask for that

i think its only 20 dollars a month for unlimited data they will have to give you the new 3g sim though

I think they are all 3G sims now. I ordered 3 new sim cards and AT&T sent me 9 new 3G sim cards. Just need a data plan like Him121213 mentioned

Do i have to have a 3g sim to get 3g at all, or just 3g speeds, because my phone says it is on the 3g network with my current sim.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    find another phone that has 3g and ask for that

i think its only 20 dollars a month for unlimited data they will have to give you the new 3g sim though

there is an unlimited data plan!! In canada i only get 2gb a month

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

you can still use the old imei from the razor with no problem, i did that with my plan change it using a old phone not even have 3G and my plan is cheap and i'm using my iphone3G no problem! Only you gona get a message once in a while saying that you have a iphone and need to change your data... Just ignore it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monchy36 For This Useful Post:

madmax670 (02-22-2009)

monchy how long have you been using the other data plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Same thing as Monchy36, I have been using the imei off of another old At&T phone while using my iphone and paying for the less expensive plan. I have been doing it since the 3G was released.

Ok, but how did you obtain the phone?

From eBay or from ATT?

I have a new 3G phone I got from ATT.

I have an old 2G phone I have been using with a 3G SIM from an HTC 8525.

This works fine. I would rather use my existing sim/plan then change to a new one with the 3G.

If I swap SIMS and never activate my new 3G sim...what do you think will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    Same thing as Monchy36, I have been using the imei off of another old At&T phone while using my iphone and paying for the less expensive plan. I have been doing it since the 3G was released.
    doesn't it show on the AT&T website that your using an iPhone though? I currently have the media max plan under my 3G but it shows that I'm using the iPhone because my simcards in the phone right now. If I switch it back to m Eternity I can use the internet without getting a warning from AT&T saying that I have the wrong data plan for the wrong phone.

I get those stupid texts telling me I dont have the correct data plan either. Just ignore them! They can't do anything. If they happen to ask tell them their system is screwed up or that u put your sim card in a friends phone the other day for a few minutes. Screw AT&T

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Thats not completely true. I have seen a couple other members get their data service cut completely off because of this. Stupid, but true.