Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help me-want to purchase an iphone from US through AT&T and bring it to India

Unhappy Plz can someone tell me the procedure of getting an Iphone through AT&T.
    hi my friend is in the US for a vacation ive asked him to get me an iphone through AT&T ... will he be able to purchase it as he does not have a social security card but his brother who stays in US must be having one and he can purchase it but then when my friend will get the h/s back to India we'll have to cancel the contract but now since the h/s is purchased by his brother who will still continue residing in the US will be charged with a contract cancellation fees and if he doesnt pay the same it may affect his credit rating over there..so my question is what can be done in this scenario ??..this wouldnt have been a problem if my friend would have been able to purchase it under his name since he would be returning back to India we would jailbreak the h/s and unlock it but he does not have a social security card.
    plz help.

Also does my friend need to take care of something while he's at the store since you know they activate the iphone through itunes do they also update the software version without your consent or something .... are the new iphones already updated or come default with the new software version 2.2.1 with the baseband (02.30.03)... or anything else that needs to be taken care of please let me know ... cause you know it can definitely be jailbroken but I dont want to end up buying it and then realising that it cannot be unlocked.
    plz help.
    Last edited by screamankit; 02-17-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

There is not really a way around the cancellation fees. If there was, ATT would be fairly stupid to even force you to go with them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings