Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone on T-Mobile how to..

Exclamation iPhone on T-Mobile how to..
    Ok since it looks like Tmobile is cheaper and has better service here in my town, does anyone know how to go about switching over?

- Like what phone should i get to swap SIMS and...
    - What plan for internet, etc.?

Will any phone purchased from T-Mobile contain a compatible SIM card?

Is there a specific plan needed for the iPhone to run properly?

Thank you!

I love how you asked for a t-mobile how-to in the AT&T forum lol, have you read ANY of the unlocking threads?...I think nearly ALL of them cover it

Yes I have looked through it. Which is obviously why Im posting a seperate thread. I posted in the unlocking forums as well for an answer but no such luck.

If anyone could be so kind to point me to a thread and post # with the information I am requesting.

Sorry for the inconvenience, any help would be appreciated.

what an a hole

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Hey j00sh. I'm running T-Mo and loving it.

The best thing to do if you'd like to use T-Mobile is to go get a contract with them, make sure you add on the $19.99 Unlimited Mobile Data plan. It doesn't matter what phone you get, but if you buy them from one of those indirect kiosks, a lot of times they'll cut you a pretty good deal on some of the higher end phones if you're signing up for a new contract, and you can then turn around and sell it on eBay. Or you can just get the free phone, and sell it for $50 or $100 on eBay. Wouldn't be too bad at all.

Then just unlock your iPhone, put the T-Mobile sim in, and go to Settings>General>Network>EDGE and make sure the APN setting is at internet2.voicestream.com and the user and pass are blank.

Enjoy.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

j00sh (09-14-2007)

can anyone help me please iam stuck @ step 3 using windows everytime i type the
    cd /usr/bin/
    chmod +x bbupdater
    chmod +x iUnlock
    chmod +x minicom
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor

it startrs couting to reach 100% takes like 15 mins almost and then i do the bbupdater v thingey and it shows me xgendata and when i type minicom it says configuration not found please help

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hey j00sh. I'm running T-Mo and loving it.

The best thing to do if you'd like to use T-Mobile is to go get a contract with them, make sure you add on the $19.99 Unlimited Mobile Data plan. It doesn't matter what phone you get, but if you buy them from one of those indirect kiosks, a lot of times they'll cut you a pretty good deal on some of the higher end phones if you're signing up for a new contract, and you can then turn around and sell it on eBay. Or you can just get the free phone, and sell it for $50 or $100 on eBay. Wouldn't be too bad at all.

Then just unlock your iPhone, put the T-Mobile sim in, and go to Settings>General>Network>EDGE and make sure the APN setting is at internet2.voicestream.com and the user and pass are blank.

Enjoy.

PERFECT! Thank you sooo much Poetic. Thats exactly what I needed. Finally some answers and advice rather than sarcasm and rudeness.

Also Poetic,
    Do you know if the fav five is compatible?
    Last edited by j00sh; 09-14-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Doubt it. I haven't used it, but the fav's stuff runs as a Java app on the phones usually. You'll still get your free calling, etc, but you won't have the nifty little app.

Not that someone can't code that, now that we have a lot more people who will be getting on T-Mobile.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews