Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading from unlocked iPhone to iPhone 3G

Default Upgrading from unlocked iPhone to iPhone 3G
    I'm just curious on this issues.
    I did my research, searching this entire forum and didn't find a post that satisfied my curiosity.

My friend gave me his old iPhone when he decided to upgrade to the iPhone 3G.

During this time I was using a Sony Ericsson phone through ATT w/ unlimated SMS/MMS and an odd amount of minutes, I don't quite remember. Anyways, when my friend gave me his old iPhone I decided to unlock and jailbreak it so that I could use it with the SIMS card from my Sony...

When I go to wireless.att.com and my account it shows I am using the iPhone and that it's "Active"

I've been using the old iPhone for about a month w/ no problems at all and now, since it says on my wireless account that I'm using the old iPhone, I wa wondering if I would be able to upgrade from this iPhone to the 3G iphone for the price of $199/$299 and then tell them I will activate/add data plan at home using iTunes/ my wireless att account online and just use the SIMS card from my Sony. Do you think this will work?

If you fail to activate the 3G iPhone within 30 days, the credit card you used to buy it will be charged a penalty, which is rumored to be $300. I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. If you want the iPhone but don't want to extend your contract, then perhaps you should go to eBay, the B/S/T forums or Craigslist.

BTW: You do not need to unlock a 1st gen iPhone for it to work on AT&T, and not extend your contract. You only need to fake activate it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix