Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Questions I need some help!!!

Default Quick Questions I need some help!!!
    I bought my wife and iphone and she has had problems with it ever since. It keeps saying something about accessories installed. Some error can't remember exactly. And then the sound never works when running apps and the sound is all the way up. I called att and they got with apple. Apple wants to send me a box and ill send off my iphone then they will send me a new or refurbished one. Which, I am not happy about. The phone is jail broken. I donít know if itís my computer but it wonít let me restore to original new settings. Do I have to do this before I send it to apple? Any help is appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default have you tried using dfu mode
    there is forums everywhere for it.. something like
    Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

.. if you get the plug into itunes you went to far.. just look it up.. that happened to me.. best thing to do is wipe it then take it to apple they'll replace it on the spot.. instead of waiting for it in the mail.. good luck

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you make sure that the button on the left side of the iPhone isn't on hold. When I first got the iPhone I wondered why I heard no sound. It was because the hold button was activated.

As far as those errors when do they occur? Does it occur when it's not plugged into anything such as a charger, stereo, etc?

Your best bet if the step mentioned above doesn't work is to restore your iPhone, walk into an Apple store and walk out the same day with another iPhone instead of waiting for a new one to come in the mail.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Phone isn't on hold. I checked that when my wife stated she was having the problem. We don't use the phone on a stereo or anything. We get the error all the time out of nowhere. The thing that sucks is that we live 6hours from the closest apple store.

Sounds like the dock connector is messed up. Hopefully they will replace it, though since the damage is not their fault, they might not...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I'm thinking the same. I called att and got over to the iphone people. They said a box is on the way to pick up the phone then they will send me a new one once it is received. I restored the phone to original setting just so they dont see it was jailbroken. We will wait and see what happens.