Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about how i could go about with this already activated Iphone i bought...

Default Question about how i could go about with this already activated Iphone i bought...
    I bought an iphone that has already been activated by another guy legally. I bought it off him off craigslist. So right now all the features on it work except the phone/text messaging. So i was thinking since it's already activated.. how would i go about just putting in my old Cingular Sim in and i could just use that instead of doing another 2 year contract? But the thing is, then i would be able to use it to make calls and everything but what about the data? If i would make it so i use my old sim/contract i would need data?

So please give me advice on what to do, or i if should just buy a new sim and activate for a 2 year contract and add it to my existing contract.

The only reason that is holding me back is the 2 years, because if a new iphone comes out i can just sell this one on ebay and i won't be on for 2 years. Thanks and let me know, basically my question is, if i make it so it accepts my old cingular sim, what about the data???
    Last edited by moneysh0t09; 08-26-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Change topic

thanks yeah it worked, but its using edge!! and i don't have the iphone data plan... so i'm getting charged for it!! do you think if i sign up for a data plan thats for pda's but that isn't for the iphone it would work???

Just get the unlimited media net, 20 bucks a month. works like a charm.