Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will ATT or apple repair this

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Will ATT or apple repair this
    I bought an iPhone a few months back and have been using it on my Tmobile account. While upgrading to 2.0 I encountered an error and now have no baseband. I have tried all the fixes and have gotten nowhere. As of now the phone is sitting in 1.1.1 firmware and not activated. I have my brothers sim card in there (older cingular style) and was wondering if I took it in and said I bought it on eBay, which I did, and it had this problem while updating, which it did, would they offer to fix it, even at a cost?

You can try.....but probably not.

If your not AT&T, all warranty is void.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I know that, but if I use my brothers sim card and he is on ATT, just saying its his phone, would that work.

i think the iphone itself has to be activated with att. they will not service if not... when i had problem with my iphone i had to activate it and have it repair/replaced. after that i disconncted it within the 30 day period.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You can cancel your plan within 30 days?

yes. you can cancel your plan within 30 days. i think but only return the iphone with in 14 days. you should ask customer services just to make sure....