Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Prepay on the iPhone

  1. #1
    Default Prepay on the iPhone
    Is it possible to buy an att gophone, activate it and then put the sim card into my v1 iPhone? I know i would have to jailbreak it to turn off Edge but do i have to unlock it?

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Prepaid Att
    Quote Originally Posted by great_destroyer View Post
    Is it possible to buy an att gophone, activate it and then put the sim card into my v1 iPhone? I know i would have to jailbreak it to turn off Edge but do i have to unlock it?
    An answer in sort yes, both phone and edge work with prepaid Att albet the edge is really slow but works. Note that you will be charge for whenever the phone connects with edge.

    Bernie

  3. #3
    Cool. Yeah i'm gonna jailbreak it and turn off Edge in the Services application and stick to wifi.

  4. #4
    Yes, it works. No need to jailbreak nor unlock if you don't want to... That is what I'm doing right now. I don't use it to call, just use it for the internet. Unlimited internet is $20/mo... I just have to remember to call 611 or login online at the end of each month to "purchase" another month of unlimited internet. And yes, it is 3G internet in 3G coverage areas... Only annoyance is the message that pops up after every time I use the internet, saying my last transaction cost $0.00

    Also, see my other post about the threatening text msg from AT&T...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/25775...t-message.html

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewBucklin For This Useful Post:

    bretthartt (07-31-2008)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBucklin View Post
    Yes, it works. No need to jailbreak nor unlock if you don't want to... That is what I'm doing right now. I don't use it to call, just use it for the internet. Unlimited internet is $20/mo... I just have to remember to call 611 or login online at the end of each month to "purchase" another month of unlimited internet. And yes, it is 3G internet in 3G coverage areas... Only annoyance is the message that pops up after every time I use the internet, saying my last transaction cost $0.00

    Also, see my other post about the threatening text msg from AT&T...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/25775...t-message.html

    I'm on prepay and i use it as my regular cell phone. I have the maximum amount of minutes (i think its like 1000), free Nights and weekends, Unlimited Texting and the iphone plane unlimited edge and things. The only time i get the balance notification is when i use the phone during my day time minutes. Total ends up being about $127 monthly. And it aint too bad to me.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bretthartt View Post
    I'm on prepay and i use it as my regular cell phone. I have the maximum amount of minutes (i think its like 1000), free Nights and weekends, Unlimited Texting and the iphone plane unlimited edge and things. The only time i get the balance notification is when i use the phone during my day time minutes. Total ends up being about $127 monthly. And it aint too bad to me.
    You probably have the pick your plan, not pay as you go. Since I never use the phone for talking, I signed up for pay as you go, and like i said; everytime i use internet, I get that silly notification saying I just spent $0.00. I guess it's kinda cool, because i reminds me that whatever I just did online was -FREE-!!! lol.
    ===========================================

    DFU Restore Mode - Quick How-To:
    1. Power phone OFF.
    2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds.
    3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

  8. #7
    iPhoneaholic tyfly867's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    maybe search around. good chance this has been asked before.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

    iPhone? More like TyPhone

  9. #8
    I am going to try this out when my new 3G gets here. Its going to save me $40 a month.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •