Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get iPhone on GoPHONE?

Exclamation How to get iPhone on GoPHONE?
    Okay can someone please explain to me how to get the iphone on GoPHONE. Also I am 16 years old. Also would using the GOPHONE 10 cents/min a better deal than the 2 yr $60/mon if i only tend to use about 100-200 minuites/mon?

First of all you need to get hold of the Iphone

In the US I believe you need to purchase it with a debit/credit card and Apple will ask for ID

Once you have the Iphone its Simple

Get Hold of a GoPhone Sim Card (Anyone will do providing its AT&T Blue and Orange SIm

Use the 1.1.2 OTB guide to downgrade to 1.1.1, Oktoprep and Upgrade to 1.1.2 then finally use 1.1.2 Java Jailbreak

BW The edge data is expensive $2 to load a Google Map

dude i thought it had something to do with your credit check and if it failed you got the option. But what i dont understand is how to actaully have a true PREPAID phone. Like for example I put 200 minutes on my card and after those 200 min ran out i had to go and buy 200 more. How i do that or is it not possible

Thanks

You don't have to do that, on activation enter all 0's for social security, either that or its 1234... ect or all 9's

Wish i got goPhone, didnt know how to do it at the time

hey how can get pre-paid sim card on my iphone. For example i just take out the other sim and put in a pre-paid sim. Is that possible and where do i buy it. Can someone give a brief discription on how to do that? PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    hey how can get pre-paid sim card on my iphone. For example i just take out the other sim and put in a pre-paid sim. Is that possible and where do i buy it. Can someone give a brief discription on how to do that? PLEASE
    Yes you can get a prepaid SIM card I use TMobile on a 1.1.2 phone with the new baseband. To get it to work I used Next SIM II. I do not know where you live, but if you live in the US just go to a TMobile store and buy a SIM card. They will provide you with a phone number and SIM card for 10.00USD + tax.

One you have your Sim Card and iphone you will need to get a Next SIM II or other Sim card that will allow you to use your prepaid SIM. Just follow the instructions for the Next SIM II card or other card you decide to get.

i actually dont have T-mobile service in my area so can i do the same with a ATT sim card?? Just go out and buy one. Also EDGE wouldn't work if i did that right?

Quote Originally Posted by subway999 View Post
    BW The edge data is expensive $2 to load a Google Map
    u can do the pick ur plan option and just get the data plan for 19.99/month u get unlimited edge and sms and i think IM too thats what i was told by the ATT customer service that this plan is the same as the one that they add to the contract, i ordered a prepaid sim form ebay and i should get it within few days and when i do i will try it and i will let u know

I have my iPhone on goPhone.

You just take out AT&T's sim and put in your goPhone one. It's on the same carrier.

wePhone, were you Pay-As-You-Go or Pick-Your-Plan? I am on PAYG wih ATT now and I want to simply take my PAYG sim out and put it in the iPhone. Doable?

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    u can do the pick ur plan option and just get the data plan for 19.99/month u get unlimited edge and sms and i think IM too thats what i was told by the ATT customer service that this plan is the same as the one that they add to the contract, i ordered a prepaid sim form ebay and i should get it within few days and when i do i will try it and i will let u know
    they lied to you i just looked online and its $20 for unlimited media net and another $20 for unlimited text. so $40 total plus whatever minutes too

Guys is it really that hard? Activate a GoPhone SIM card in the site, use the iPhones IMEI when activating the sim. Insert in unlocked iPhone. Exactly what I did and I'm fine.

Default pre-paid sim not working?
    have an active 2g iPhone on 2.2

bought and activated an AT$T prepaid sim..

plugged it in, no-go.

jailbreak/unlock and try again.... no-go.

phone says "Different SIM detected, please connect to iTunes".

what gives??

Do I need to change/edit the IMEI? if so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by U fold first View Post
    Do I need to change/edit the IMEI? if so, how?
    No, plus you can only edit in versions <1.4.1

Still need to find out why the gophone sim is not working..

when I put it in the iPhone, it will only make emergency calls, and won't get to the home page.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    why am I still getting: phone says "Different SIM detected, please connect to iTunes"???

update:
    Restored iPhone with store activated GOPHONE SIM already installed, unlocked, and works perfect.
    Used my daughter's computer, not sure if that had anything to do with it....
    Last edited by U fold first; 02-11-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The problem was that whenever you unlock using Quickpwn (which is what I'm assuming you used) the SIM that you want unlocked must be in the phone DURING the unlocking process.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store