Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: who got charged $40 last month?

Default who got charged $40 last month?
    I just went over my bill and saw that I got charged $40 for the month of june

umm by the time my phone actually got activated, I think i got almost two days of iphone use before the end of my bill period which was july 3 when a new period starts and i got charged $40

did this happen to anyone else? I'm assuming yes

Nope my billing period ended July 18th or something like that and I got charged $17 prorated for the $30 iphone plan, which is about right. And I didn't even get charged the activation fee.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Yah, you do know there is a $36 activation fee, right?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

in my case its like AT&T forgot. I didn't get any activation fee added to my bill at all! My previous carrier is Cingular... Might he the reason... But I don't care as long as they don't charge me! Lol

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

If you're previous carrier is Cingular, then of course there's no activation fee. You realize Cingular IS AT&T? There is no Cingular.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If you're previous carrier is Cingular, then of course there's no activation fee. You realize Cingular IS AT&T? There is no Cingular.
    Ya i know=) just wanted to make switchers envious! Heh =p

Ya i know=) just wanted to make switchers mad! Heh =p
    Last edited by cipher0925; 08-03-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

"There is no Dana, only Zuul..."

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Lolz ua zomg wtf.. yea ... my ongoing monthly bills need to be 75$ after tax and stuff... but my first bill was 120$ :[ .... 36 for regstration fee, and then another 10 bucks for using my iphone in the period that my plan wasnt activated yet or whatever... wtf.. nvm

after activation fees, iphone plan, family plan for both my wife's phone and my own our bill was about 280 bucks for the first month.

Dear brothers and sisters at Modmyiphone.....if any of you have any issues with AT&T, like high charges on bills or u just simply dont want to pay that much, call in and act up......first by asking for their name, once its stated re state it and begin say "____ do you know how many kids i have to support at home?"....."with this extra 40-100 charge i could of done a reasonable grocery shopping for them".....if you are cut off by their talking take a deeep breath and exhale loudly in the phone then state the magic words.. "Only if you understood, Ive been with the company for so long and your customer service has taken care of my needs but when financial issue arise you guys just don't understand....id greatly appreciate if you really listen to what im saying and help".....then you will be put on a B.S. hold while the rep supposedly speaks to their manager.... then u get sum credit back to your account ................only for those who have time on their hands....your welcome

vnadjaryan

Oh, so in other words "act like an ***??"

Nice. I'm sure that YOU'D love to be yelled at by someone for no other reason than to squeeze an extra few bux from your employer.

People like you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by vnadjaryan View Post
    Dear brothers and sisters at Modmyiphone.....if any of you have any issues with AT&T, like high charges on bills or u just simply dont want to pay that much, call in and act up......first by asking for their name, once its stated re state it and begin say "____ do you know how many kids i have to support at home?"....."with this extra 40-100 charge i could of done a reasonable grocery shopping for them".....if you are cut off by their talking take a deeep breath and exhale loudly in the phone then state the magic words.. "Only if you understood, Ive been with the company for so long and your customer service has taken care of my needs but when financial issue arise you guys just don't understand....id greatly appreciate if you really listen to what im saying and help".....then you will be put on a B.S. hold while the rep supposedly speaks to their manager.... then u get sum credit back to your account ................only for those who have time on their hands....your welcome
    You think that works??? Might be the person you talked to doesnt know how to do their job. because I'm a customer care rep and if you tell me all that BS I'm goign to gladly let you know you are getting charge for a service you requested. THe charges apply make your choice payment arrangement or pay in full. storys like that one just make us reps sick and tire and if you come with the true is better and we try to help but with all that BS you ca just go and pay in full and if you dont pay it it will be suspend it. lol lol try doing the same story to the light company or gas and get a credit lol