Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some basic questions

Hi,

Hi, Ive just bought a jailbroken apple tv and wondered if anyone can answer these couple of basic questions. Im no expert so apologies if they are basic things!

Firstly, It has XBMC installed and this comes with various video channels I was looking for such as iplayer and all the catch up channels so that is great. I then went into NAVIX which seems to have portal links to all manner of TV series, films and channels such as Sky Sports etc. When I click into these it takes a while to load and probably 9 times out of ten I'm getting error not found message. Now I don't do much hunting online for TV shows etc so I'm not sure if that is normal and if I want to watch TV free in this manner then I need to accept that it will take some hunting. I managed to load a Frankenstein film and an episode of the good wife so it is finding files but just not quite as useable and fluid as I secretly hoped! The XBMC is version 12 (Frodo) and when I googled it there seemed to be comments that NAXIX wouldn't work as well.

Also in terms of airplay and mirroring displays am I reight in thinking only an iphone 4s will airplay and ipad also (I have a MacBook and hoped to mirror that display without cables and also have an iphone 4 but neither seems to work).

Thanks in advance for any hints and tips!
    Last edited by glasmale26; 03-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.