+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATV2 with Jailbreak has network timeout for streaming media?

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
On an Apple TV 2 jailbroken and running XBMC 12 Frodo, no matter what live video stream that is attempted randomly stops or starts messing up around 3 hours 22
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ATV2 with Jailbreak has network timeout for streaming media?
    On an Apple TV 2 jailbroken and running XBMC 12 Frodo, no matter what live video stream that is attempted randomly stops or starts messing up around 3 hours 22 min.

XBMC was ruled out by running XBMC on a desktop and same problem does not exist.

Also it doesn't appear to be any kind of network problem because it would have affected the desktop example above.

LiveStream, Justin.tv, TwIT, all plugins do the exact same thing on the Apple TV 2.

There appears to be no settings in the ATV2 itself about network timeouts, but I know the old iPhones used to have WiFi's that went to sleep.

EDIT: It turns out the Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc is doing similar, so maybe it is the network afterall.
    Last edited by redpenguin; 02-10-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

We are still having this issue and I took the Apple TV to my house and put it on my LAN and it still does the exact same thing.

3:22:00 is always when the TwIT plugin on Bitgravity HLS 1mbps stops even though other devices have confirmed it can last 7-13+ hrs, so it's not the server that cuts you off.

The ATV2 is running iOS 5.0.2 and Frodo.