+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATV Questions

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
I dont own and ATV yet but ive been thinking of getting one for quite some time now. I have done some research on this topic but nothing with the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ATV Questions
    I dont own and ATV yet but ive been thinking of getting one for quite some time now. I have done some research on this topic but nothing with the results i need and was wondering if those of you whom has it can help.

What are the exact benefits of owning ATV? I have PS3, XBOX 360, Comcast, and own so far a little over 600 movies.

I need a little more than just streaming some movies from my laptop of iphone, netflix which i already have on PS3, streaming music, the basic stuff.

I just had a friend called me because he is going to buy an ATV2 due to the jb and stuff but he said he can get like HBO channels and all that crap like any regular Satellite or cable provider. Is this true? I dont really care about news or sports, i have that on Comcast and dont watch it anyways so i need some info on what really it provides in oder for me to spend the money on it.

Thanks fellas hope you can help!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

its a nice device, hbo is not great by any means due to quality and hbo plus (not sure what it is). It all runs from a program called XBMC which I hear is available thru xbox 360. But with it (xbmc), u will need to cancel netflix since it's that and much more!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

The 2G is the only one that can be jailbroken. They don't have that on shelves anymore and some say the 2G runs around 200$ around ebay and stuff because it can be jailbroken to use XBMC.