+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Software to Convert Movies to Stream on NEW ATV?

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
I have ATV2, I also ordered a new ATV3 that streams 1080p. What is the best software and format to use to convert DVD's for streaming? I don't mind paying
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Software to Convert Movies to Stream on NEW ATV?
    I have ATV2, I also ordered a new ATV3 that streams 1080p. What is the best software and format to use to convert DVD's for streaming? I don't mind paying for the software if its a solid tool. Looking at Handbrake and it seems it only will convert to 720p.

Opinions? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

They said it should be added to a nightly build as soon as they get a hold of one of the new appletvs. Otherwise look around there are some people posting pretty good custom settings for handbrake.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you up convert a standard DVD to 1080p with Handbrake? I don't see where I can get that output file.

Banned
    Thanks

I think you should not move for ATV3 right now. Because, then you have to do lot of complicated things to work with it and you may face troubles in streaming your videos if you are using something except iTunes. And another problem is the format you listed may not be supported. So you can take help through these three streamers(xbox360, tv live plus, patriot box). Hope these streamers will help you.