Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New ATV 2g on 4.2.2 need help

Default New ATV 2g on 4.2.2 need help
    I was able to use Season Pass to to create the custom firmware but, when I try to restore from itunes i get an error everytime. Which reads that atv cannot be restored (21). Something to do with Apple not authorizing it. After calling Apple playing dumb they told me I can only restore from the screen thru the ATV and not via Itunes. How can*I jailbreak my one day old device if I can't run the restore. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

djwillymix

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had this trouble too. Seasonpass wasn't getting the correct firmware, or at least it was corrupted somehow. I let iTunes download the appropriate one, then used pwnagetool with the bundle (read update #2 on dev team blog), and it worked fine. I did tell TinyUmbrella to use Apple servers instead of Cydia, since I was pulling the newest one.

Wasted an hour figuring this out.

How about turn to this Apple TV wiki to get some help:
    AppleTV 2 - AwkwardTV
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

Thanks guys for your help. After reading what z6joker9 posted, I notest he mentioned TinyUmbrella and it reminded me that I had set it up for cydias server instead of Apples. Unchecked the option and worked like a charm.
    Once again thank you so much for your help. Also to Janet55.

djwillymix