Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Questions about Apple Tv.is a discussion within the
AppleTVforums, a part of the
I'm thinking about buying a Apple Tv, but I have a few questions I would like to get answered before I go out an purchase one. 1. Do I need...
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM #1
Questions about Apple Tv.
I'm thinking about buying a Apple Tv, but I have a few questions I would like to get answered before I go out an purchase one.
1. Do I need to pay extra to stream netflix on apple tv?
2. Do I need to pay per episode or will my $8 Subscription be cool?
3. Does it have da Wi-Fis?
4. Does it stream in HD?
5. Does it work with any tv?
6. Can I play torrented movies on it?
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM #2
1. One netflix account covers all devices.
2. However your netflix works? I thought $8 was a monthly fee for unlimited content.
3. Yes. 802.11 b/g/n
5. Works with any HDMI component be it a TV or A/V Receiver.
6. If you jailbreak it and install a media server then technically yes but it's not easy.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM #3
Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
06-07-2011, 11:10 PM #4
I would like to comment on Poseidon's comment regarding question 6.
He says it is not easy, but really it is quite simple.
You can use a program called Sea0nPass to jailbreak the apple TV (includes onscreen instructions). From there you can install XBMC (XBMC for links how to) and you are pretty much upp and running in under 30 minutes (most of that time is downloading).
It really is quite simple.