Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help jailbreaking Apple TV 2 (ATV2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Need help jailbreaking Apple TV 2 (ATV2)
    Hello all. I have some experience jailbreaking iphones from 3G on up and want to jailbreak my Apple TV 2, the small black box version. It has the most current Apple software and I ran Seas0n Pass, I thought successfully. I'm not sure if Seas0n pass was successful because even if it was, I don't see any difference on the screen from before.

I also tried to SSH into the device using WinSCP and also Putty but was unsuccessful using either. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Even if Season Pass was successful you wont see any change until you add something to it. There are things like PLEX and XBMC you can add plus several other things. I actually bought the the Firecore ATV Flash Black from them. The same people who make the SeasonPass JB. Its simple and easy and allows you to quickly add many things. If your JB was successful you should be able to SSH into the device. Verify on the ATV what IP address was assigned to it and once you know that fire up Terminal if you have a MAC... if you are using Putty or something else the user is 'root' and then your IP Address plus password is 'alpine' by default.

In terminal with a MAC you just type -

ssh [email protected] (or whatever your IP address is)
    You should then be prompted for password which is 'alpine'

Best thing to do is verify you can ssh into the device and then you will know its JB. If you cant SSH try the JB again... make sure you are using the correct protocol in WinSCP or Putty... I just reread your post and you must have a PC if you are using WinSCP.
    Last edited by NOYB111; 04-20-2011 at 03:11 PM.