Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thinking about buying ATV2 - Is it worth it?

Default Thinking about buying ATV2 - Is it worth it?
    hey guys, i am thinking about getting an apple tv 2, but i want to know what i can do with the thing (post jailbreak)

currently, i have a win xp pc, ipad 2 (that will be jailbroken asap) and jailbroken iphone 4 all connected with wifi.

what can i do with my apple tv 2 and my current hardware setup?

i hear atv2 runs xbmc which is great, i havn't used it since the days of my hacked xbox1, but i used to love it. does it still work well? any hiccups? is there something better out there that i can use?

can i mirror the screen of the ipad 2/iphone 4? basically convince me to buy this thing...

Hmm, I think it is worth.
    Well, you can put the iPad video to TV, to me the Apple TV is working on very well as my home movies centre in the help of some tools like iFunia...

The XBMC still work well, read this: XBMC comes to the new Apple TV, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    And for more apple TV 2 info, this wiki might do some help: AppleTV 2 - AwkwardTV
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

Thanks for the info

What other cool things can I do with it aside from streaming video?

The one reason I am looking for more than just an easy way to stream video is that my laptop has an hdmi out and lives in the same room as my main tv, so I can easily get media from pc to tv already