Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hulu & Hulu+ now work on the ATV2!

Default Hulu & Hulu+ now work on the ATV2!
    And when I say "work", I mean really well. History, Queues, Subscriptions, search, skip forward and backward, all work great, and the playback is as smooth as Hulu gets. Very slick.

Here's how:

First, you must have XBMC installed and running.

1) Download the bluecop's beta repository zip file "repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip" from:
    http://bluecop-xbmc-repo.googlecode....mc-plugins.zip

2) Copy the zip file to the Apple TV via Cyberduck or WinScp to the file path: /var/mobile

3) Start up XBMC, Go to the System Menu, Choose "Add-Ons" and then "Install from zip file"

4) You should see "Home Folder" on the screen. Select that, and then you should see the "repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip" file you uploaded in step 2
    Choose it. This will add the repository location to XMBC.

3) After it installs the repository, choose the menu option"Get Add-ons" option located immediately above "Install from zip file"
    Choose the "bluecop Add-On repository", and then "Video Add-ons". There you should see Hulu.

4) choose Hulu, and it should install. If everything worked, it should then say "Enabled" next to Hulu. Then it will be available in the video add-ons menu when you choose Videos from the Home screen

5) Using the contextual menu with Hulu selected in the main Video Add-Ons screen, you can also add your login info for Hulu Plus if you have an account.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 02-26-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: clarity

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (12-04-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

very cool

looks like i need to try this....

Dam thought i was getting a free thing u need to pay for hulu

I did all these steps and for some reason it's not adding the repository. I see the zip file but not the file in the folder. So there is no hulu ad on. Please help.

I've installed this numerous times on many devices now (it works on the iPad too), and it's worked every time, but those directions were a little unclear.

I've revised them, and I hope, made them easier to follow. Let me know how it goes.

I get all the way to step 4 install from zip file > choose repository.... and don't see the file to add within the zip file. So when I go to get add ons the bluecop repository is not there.

I'm using cyberduck on Windows 7. It's transferring the zip file too...

Do I have to rename the file in the zip folder. It's almost like my ATV2 is not recognizing the file..? I tried putting it in other folders and still no luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't find the menu to login to hulu +???

wjhughes03:

Don't unzip the file before transferring it to the ATV2. It needs to be an intact zip, not a folder.

ThaNatrix:

Bring up the contextual menu on the ATV by pressing and holding the Menu button on the Apple remote, while you have Hulu selected. Then you should see an item in that menu called "Add-On Settings". That's where you enter the Hulu Plus account info.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 02-26-2011 at 11:59 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

ThaNatrix (02-27-2011)

I'm sure it's something I have done wrong. I have a fully jailbroken device with greenspoison. I can install other add ons. I just can't see anything in any folder while in xmbc going through this tutorial. Please help?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

That did it. You all are freakin awesome!!!! My problem was unziping and adding the folder instead of a zip folder.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    wjhughes03:

Don't unzip the file before transferring it to the ATV2. It needs to be an intact zip, not a folder.

ThaNatrix:

Bring up the contextual menu on the ATV by pressing and holding the Menu button on the Apple remote, while you have Hulu selected. Then you should see an item in that menu called "Add-On Settings". That's where you enter the Hulu Plus account info.
    Sweet...I logged in. I'm kind of new to Hulu +. Does the + content just show up in the normal menu? I'm not really seeing anything different, hence the question.

Yes, when you're logged in with a plus account, you can see and play both types of content. I find the easiest way to deal with it is to set up subscriptions to the shows that interest me on a computer, then on the ATV, I can just dive right into subscriptions and play my content from there.

However, Bad News.
    Just spotted this post at the XBMC forums. Hoping that it's not true, but sad to say it likely is:
    Originally Posted by BlueCop
    tango down. all hulu is not working.

akamia is down due to an unsupported swf ping. http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/001193.html
    limelight is using an unsupported handshake.http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...ry/001295.html
    level3 is sending stop commands to the client prematurely to cut off the stream.

So it lasted much much longer then I thought it would. I am not going to work on the hulu plug-in anymore, If librtmp starts supporting more of these new rtmp features then I will resume work.

It is probably possible fix level3 because it seems it is just some parameter we aren't including("sessionid") so it sends a stop to the client. Again this is just short term because they could start using anything unsupported in librtmp to completely shut it down.

I also wanted to add that some of you guys might still be functional for some content but it won't last. The server you use is dependent on your geographic region and dns server. Once all the CDN servers get upgraded then it will end.
    It still is working fine for me, but I guess it's only a matter of time before that will be over.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 02-27-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just jailbroke my apple tv 2g using greenpois0n. Do I need some sort of program on my computer so I can transfer files from it to my atv? I'm guessing that I need to do something like this to download the zip file above. thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by improv View Post
    I just jailbroke my apple tv 2g using greenpois0n. Do I need some sort of program on my computer so I can transfer files from it to my atv? I'm guessing that I need to do something like this to download the zip file above. thanks
    You need to transfer it to the proper folder (mentioned in the directions linked in the first post) via ssh from your computer. You can find directions for doing that all over the place.

I don't see Hulu or Hulu+ listed within Video Add-ons.

Was Hulu pulled from the Video Add-on list?

What's the SMIL error all about? Any thoughts? Nothing seems to stream...

Hulu is not working on XBMC

for those of you who haven't been able to find it, you first have to install the repo from zip
    http://bluecop-xbmc-repo.googlecode....mc-plugins.zip
    I believe you go into System - Add-ons and you should see install from zip
    Then you go back to System/ Add-ons and you will now see bluecop add-on repository
    in there you will find video addons - > hulu

howeer, like I said, it hasn't been working for a week now and who knows if bluecop will fix the add-on!

Bluecop has said it won't be fixed. In the meantime, Icefilms works pretty well.

Icefilms Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast