+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATV Flash Black Beta 2 works with GreenPois0n RC6

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
Like many I did a new jail break with greenpois0n RC6 only to find out that once you install ATV Flash you lose your wifi connection and you cant see
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ATV Flash Black Beta 2 works with GreenPois0n RC6
    Like many I did a new jail break with greenpois0n RC6 only to find out that once you install ATV Flash you lose your wifi connection and you cant see the maintenance menu. I redid the jail break and used ATV Flash Beta 2 and it works. The only bug still is that if you unplug power or reboot the AppleTV it comes back up and says you have no wifi. If you simply restart Low Tide the wifi comes back on line.

1. restore AppleTV in iTunes

2. run Greenposi0n RC6

3. Once jail broken, set up wifi and click on greenpois0n to install jail break

4. Once AppleTV has restarted run ATV Flash Black Beta 2 (not the newest)

5. Reboot ATV and if you have no wifi then you just go to NitoTV and restart Low Tide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Have you installed the wifi tweak from Nito? I haven't had any issues with Wifi since I did that.

The whole untethered jailbreak and XBMC on the ATV2 simply rocks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    Have you installed the wifi tweak from Nito? I haven't had any issues with Wifi since I did that.

The whole untethered jailbreak and XBMC on the ATV2 simply rocks!
    Are u able to stream from your main pc to apple tv if so could you tell me how?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks!
    Thanks for this answer. Just what I needed. My wifi was not getting found after doing the GP j/b. But I just went to Nito, and did the Low Tide reset...and my wifi was happening again. I love smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by davy1shoe View Post
    Are u able to stream from your main pc to apple tv if so could you tell me how?
    I'm no guru at any of this...but mine is streaming from my main PC to my ATV fine. I have to have iTunes on, and Home Sharing in iTunes and on the ATV have to be on. All my music/vids are on an external HD attached to my desktop PC. But the ATV finds them all. Of course, I've had to make them visible thru my firewall to my other computers.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SabySue66; 02-15-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ive got everything showing up and nearly working.
    Im hard wired to my windows 7 pc, 975 i7, 480 gtx, 6gb ddr3 and watercooled.
    I can run mkv files no problem (most the tv shows i get are this)
    The avi files are very choppy and unwatchable (very wierd)
    Music plays flawless no problems.
    Pictures are a no go so slow loading up not even worth the effort (waited about 5 mins for one high def pic gave up in the end)
    My dvd images will start buffer then quit so thats a bummer (they run no problem threw xbmc player on my pc so im thinking its just the xbmc player that atv2 has just now hopefully updates will fix it)
    Just need now a browser that runs flash so i can watch my soccer streams as stupid site updated and i cant watch on PS3 any more.
    In all im starting to like whats happening for this little box now its easy to jailbreak the hacks should start flying.

Update 1080 mkv wont run keep buffering after 3 or so mins.
    Save your time get only 720 till theres a work a round.
    Btw 720 hardly any diff from 1080 on my 55 inch lcd .
    Last edited by davy1shoe; 02-16-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost