+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Jailbreak AppleTV 2G 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC6 on Windows (Untethered!)

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
Hai. I've made a How To Video, maybe it'll help you. Enjoy [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMaz-qGqIk]YouTube - [How To] Jailbreak AppleTV 2G 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC6 on Windows (Untethered!)[/ame] Some people having trouble
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [How To] Jailbreak AppleTV 2G 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC6 on Windows (Untethered!)
    Hai.
    I've made a How To Video, maybe it'll help you.
    Enjoy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMaz-qGqIk]YouTube - [How To] Jailbreak AppleTV 2G 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC6 on Windows (Untethered!)[/ame]

Some people having trouble to become the DFU-Mode.
    Its sometimes buggy on windows 7. If your LED ist flashing, after Pressing Menu+Play/pause, just press "try again" in the greenpois0n window. Sometimes it help.
    Last edited by DarKii; 02-13-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Make sure your micro usb works i spent ages with my WD Passport cable to find it wasnt working correctly so i used the one you get with new Blackberry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm using blackberry's micro usb cable, too.
    @ Everyone, its very cheap @ amazon.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol cant see what your doing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HElp!!! i keep getting this:
    and even when i let the ATV sit plugged in for 2 minutes to 10 hours it never highlights the "complete" button.
    What am i doing wrong.
    i'm opertating windows 7, itunes 10.2 (newest version as of 3/17/2011), and atv 4.2.1, i'm on a wireless network

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did you connect your ATV2 to your TV and try to "inject pois0n"? your Greenpois0n shows: "Jailbreak Complete" - its done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with my new apple TV2.
    Apple Tv will not detect my itunes despite home sharing being on, I have also tried numerous times to install greenpois0n without success. Could these be connected?
    When you have finished the greenpois0n stuff, do you need to keep the power to the ATV? Can I unplug completely and then connect to the TV and power?
    I am running a PC in windows vista, was considering a mac but this ATV stuff isn't filling me with confidence
    Any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks.

Thanks
    I Jailbroke mine with GreenPoison, according to GP it was jailbroken, but when connecting it back to the TV, no indication that it was actually jailbroken.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

After it is done jailbreaking leave it hooked up for a min. It gives it a min to do a first boot. After done there should be NitoTV option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this the latest software for apple tv? i didn't know there was an untethered jailbreak for the latest version!