Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GreenPois0n and AppleTV?

this happened to me too - downgrade firmware and repeat with rc6

Can you tell me how to downgrade my firmware before I jailbreak?

I tried to restore my apple tv 2 in iTunes, but it restored it to 4.2.1. Can you use GreenpoisOn RC6 on 4.2.1? If so, I can't get it to work. I can get it into DFU mode (I think), because GreenpoisOn gives me the jailbreak button. It looks like everything works, and I wait a couple of minutes after hitting quit, but when I hook it up to the TV, nothing has changed. There is no Greenpois0n menu item.

Any other suggestions?

'downgrade' your firmware to use rc6 - I believe this is the name of the original firmware that I used "AppleTV2,1_4.1_8M89_Restore". You'll have to use your own creative juices to find it on the web. Shift + Restore in iTunes - then run rc6.

http://www.shoutpedia.com/apple-tv-f...download-5946/ (rename the .zip to .ipsw first)
    Last edited by fourtwentybuddy; 04-01-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: link added

So, do you have to jailbreak from an older version? Is there no way to do it yet from 4.2.1?

I spent two days trying 4.2.1 and 5 minutes on the original firmware. The only difference to me is the keyboard layout everything else appears to function the same and look the same. I think I may have seen some tethered 4.2.1 stuff but didnt bother - the dowgrade was simple and the jailbreak was fast on 4.1x and justified the $24 Radio Shack got for the micro usb cable.....

Wow. I never realized how hard it is to jailbreak. It seems so easy. Now I tried to restore to a previous version of appletv software, and it is giving me an "Unknown Error has occurred (3194)"

I guess I'm going to have to give up on my quest. I don't know what else to try. I have tried the Greenpois0n version and tried to downgrade to a previous version and have not been successful with anything.

I welcome any other suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12