+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple tv 2nd jailbreak NEED HELP

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
There are custom pwnage tool bundles out there that will work with the new update. But it is tethered jailbreak using them. Best to wait for a official untethered one.
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,031 Times in 6,930 Posts

There are custom pwnage tool bundles out there that will work with the new update. But it is tethered jailbreak using them. Best to wait for a official untethered one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

once i jailbreak my apple tv what software is the best? I'm looking to play AVI files on it so is plex any good?

Thanks

Ya, plex is pretty good. Still a little rough around the edges but could turn into a great addition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New to ATV Jailbreak
    I have an iPad and Iphone that I have jail broke, but I have not done this with ATV yet. I have one on order that will arrive in the next couple days so I am reading up on it! I figure the very first thing I will do is plug it in and fire up Tiny Umbrella to save the blobs for whatever version comes on it. Not sure if the new ATV will come with the latest firmware or something older. Never the less I will be covered as best I can.

Now what is throwing me off is the fact that there is only a tethered JB currently. If you lose the JB when you lose power, how do you JB and hook it back up? Its my understanding that when you hook ATV to your MAC with the mini USB you do NOT plug it in to a power supply. So if you are not plugged in and you JB it, how do you unhook it from your MAC and then fire it up?

Do I need to actually bring my laptop to the ATV and leave it plugged in to a power supply while I JB it? I am sure I would figure this out with trial and error once it arrives, but since I have the time to ask the questions, why not!

What is the latest took and versions to use for all of this? I see some conflicting information. Again this will be a brand new one with whatever version they are currently shipping on it for firmware.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Plug it in to the wall, and the HDMI port. Let it boot up. After it's booted, unplug the HDMI cable, plug in your USB cable and then do your thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone if airflick is any good? where do i download it from?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

A quick google search I found a lot of information. I also see this -

Currently AirFlick is limited to AirPlay-compatible video formats, but Sadun intends to develop the app further and sees the potential of adding the ability to transcode videos on the fly.

If its limited to AirPlay formats I am not sure what new it adds. You can already share your iTunes videos through HomeSharing. Its apps like Plex that let you stream different formats that are useful in my opinion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philb162 View Post
    Does anyone if airflick is any good? where do i download it from?
    First off, thanks for posting this thread! And For all the responses and help from people like x98car Unfortunately, I did not have the SHSH files for 4.1 saved so I recently had to go through and download tinyumbrella to save the 4.2 SHSH files and wait for the future ATV 2G jailbreak. My question was is for philb162 , did you end up jailbreaking your apple tv? I saw that you recommended waiting for an official untethered jailbreak. The main reason why I want to jailbreak this thing in the first place is to try and get either firefox or ATV flash on the ATV 2G so that I can watch espn3 games on there, any suggestions from anyone as to what I should do to accomplish this? I usually stream games from espn3 or sometimes find other random links, i watch european soccer and it would be nice to be able to see it on the tv since I'm usually confined to the computer being that I dont have cable. I was using a SVGA cable in the past but if it was possible to do with Apple TV then that would definitely have a much nicer look to it. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions. And thanks for all the help already!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a jailbreak for apple tv 4.2 out yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If we install the Seas0nPass tethered jailbreak and we already created the 4.2 SHSH files is it possible to switch to a non-tethered 4.2 jailbreak whenever one comes out and how much of a hassel is it to do that? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm not in a hurry to jailbreak it right now but if the transition will be pretty simple to the untethered version from the current Seas0nPass tethered version then I wouldn't mind going through it.

Thanks

Not sure what would be involved in going intethered for atv.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I might sound a bit stupid but Can't seem to open seasONPass on my mac keep saying you can not use this version of the application seasONPass with this version of Mac OS X? I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8

Thanks

You need at least 10.6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Been trying to jailbreak apple tv with seasonpass but when apple are restoring a message come up saying The apple tv could not be restored.An unknown error occurred (1611). Can anybody help me?

Thanks

That sounds like you arent entering pwned dfu properly. I havent tried seasonpass so dont know the procedure though. I would suggest rebooting the computer and try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

trying to install plex but every time i go and start typing in the commands in terminal this message come up @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
    Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
    It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.

Don't know what to do any ideas?

I am not familiar with the rsa key stuff. How do I Add correct host key? NEED HELP
    Last edited by philb162; 01-16-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philb162 View Post
    Been trying to jailbreak apple tv with seasonpass but when apple are restoring a message come up saying The apple tv could not be restored.An unknown error occurred (1611). Can anybody help me?
    Hey have you decided to go through with seasonpass still? Any luck? So far I'm still holding out but I'm starting to get pretty inpatient too. Sucks all I want is to be able to stream justintv to the dam thing via firefox but have been put on wait still. Ive even been looking for a program that will let me stream from my laptop to apple tv without haveing to jailbreak but there are soo many useless sites out there that I cant find one that shows how to do it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just update it and use Seas0nPass