+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV could die at the hands of Blue/DVD Players...

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
I love my Apple TV but I'm getting kind of tired of the constraints just like I did before copy and paste arrived to the iPhone. With Apple investing all
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Apple TV could die at the hands of Blue/DVD Players...
    I love my Apple TV but I'm getting kind of tired of the constraints just like I did before copy and paste arrived to the iPhone. With Apple investing all of its capital in the upcoming iPad trying to head off the next gen android tablet nipping at its heels that it has forgotten about the second gen Apple TV just like it forgot about the first gen Apple TV. The only thing Apple TV is good for is Netflix and YouTube. Which it doesn't even do a good job at IMHO.

Yesterday I took a stroll in Wal-Mart to graze on new technologies and I noticed a number of low end Blue-Ray Players with Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, Blockbuster, VUDU, Picasa (which I want sooo bad), and Accu Weather are just some of the features these Disc players are sporting.

LG Blu-ray Disc Player - Walmart.com

Steve Jobs where are you? All it takes is some clever online and TV marketing from these manufacturers and the Apple TV would be dead and gone. I have never felt buyers remorse after buying an Apple product but my patients has worn thin; and the allure of owning a flagship Apple device over something less polished but packed with more features, is disappearing into thin air.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure you are comparing apples to apples (pun slightly intended). I trust that Apple understands that they pumped out over a million of these badboys

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Give it time. Remeber the last version was a hobby. Now that they have a parital iOS in there they will surely be bringing new things to it.