+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV 2G Hacked To Support WiiMote

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
We’ve seen WiiMote working with an iPad and iPhone before. But now, developer and hacker Tom Cool from #awkwardtv channel on irc.moofspeak.net, has made a ground breaking progress taking the
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple TV 2G Hacked To Support WiiMote

We’ve seen WiiMote working with an iPad and iPhone before. But now, developer and hacker Tom Cool from #awkwardtv channel on irc.moofspeak.net, has made a ground breaking progress taking the current jailbreak scene one step further by adding WiiMote support to the new Apple TV 2G.

This latest hack is based on activating a custom stack (via Matthias Ringwald’s BTstack implementation) which utilizes the Apple TV’ 2Gs built-in Bluetooth functionality and allowing WiiMote to communicate over Bluetooth to the ATV unit. It even displays a virtual representation mimicking the orientation of the WiiMote.

This definitely brings us one step closer to pure Wii-style gaming on the Apple TV 2G. What do you think?
    You have to love the progess all of these devs are making. I for one am very glad Apple brought it into the iOS family. It's definitely a fun toy to mess around with, and this is just the start!

BREAKING!! Apple TV 2G Hacked To Support WiiMote [Video] | iThinkDifferent

Thanks
    Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,933 Posts

Ya the Apple TV is just gonna get better and better as time goes on. Just like the early days of iPhone 2G.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

AppleTV 3G: All new motion gaming. Never seen before.

(Mocking how Apple lets the dev community give the people what they want then using while telling them what they do is illegal. )

Can't wait to see what there is to come. Curious though how often they will do updates for AppleTV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Can't wait to see what there is to come. Curious though how often they will do updates for AppleTV.
    I know you were referring to how often they'll offer hardware updates (well, I inferred that you were), but what I find quite humorous is that iOS 4.2 was supposed to be the update to reunite all iOS devices and they release the AppleTV 2G to throw that concept right out the window. I guess they could release a 4.2 update for the ATV with the rest of the updates, but seeing as how there hasn't been a single beta I am highly doubtful.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Well software wise also I am not sure what huge features they can throw into keep pace with the other iOS devices. It is just a media streamer for the time being. Only thing to add along the way is new apps to allow streaming.

Thanks

True, going to be rather silent from them until they announce the store for it. Hopefully it won't take as long to implement as it did with the iPhone.