Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV does not connect to MyWi created WiFi..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Apple TV does not connect to MyWi created WiFi..
    Need a constant "IP Address" for use of the "AppleTV" to be connected to the iPhone4 WiFi. I have a Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone4 (iOS 4.0.1) with MyWi (version 4.8.3). How can the MyWi AdHoc network be recgnozied using the most recently delivered (October 2010) AppleTV (Version 4.0)? Or is there a way of connecting a Wireless-Router to the iPhone4 and have the iPhone4 be the Internet connection?

Any input on this yet? I was just getting ready to purchase an apple tv with hopes of connecting to my iPhone 4 via mywi. Is this not possible? I don't have an Internet connection at my house.
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was told by the folks at MyWi that the MyWi needs a constant "IP Address" for use of the "AppleTV" to be connected to the iPhone4 WiFi. My Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone4 (iOS 4.0.1) with MyWi (version 4.8.3) does NOT allow the "AppleTV" to see the iPhone4 WiFi using the MyWi. I am still looking for a solution (Let me know if you find a solution). My question still remains: How can the MyWi AdHoc network be recognized using the most recently delivered (October 2010) AppleTV, Release 2 (Version 4.0)? An alternative I have also been pursuing, "Is there a way of connecting a Wireless-Router (such as a Cradelpoint MBR-1000) to the iPhone (Now that AT&T offers tethering) and have the iPhone3Gs/iPhone4 be the Internet connection?

There is a way around this if you have a Mac... You tether your phone through USB to your Mac, then share your Internet connection through wifi... Your ATV2 will recognize the network then. The only problem is, USB tethering is much much slower than when using mywi's wifi, ya know? So I am still interested in finding a better solution... I really just want it to recognize the wifi that mywi makes!!! Anybody, please tell me how!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madderncc View Post
    There is a way around this if you have a Mac... You tether your phone through USB to your Mac, then share your Internet connection through wifi... Your ATV2 will recognize the network then. The only problem is, USB tethering is much much slower than when using mywi's wifi, ya know? So I am still interested in finding a better solution... I really just want it to recognize the wifi that mywi makes!!! Anybody, please tell me how!
    REPLY QUOTE: Do NOT have a MAC . . . . Need a solution using a PC w/ Microsoft OS Vista Ultimate, 32bit

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Bummer it looks like you chose the wrong company

But I'm sure that if there is a Mac way then there is a sucky Windows way to lol

I am just giving you a hard time, I posses a laptop Mac and a PC Windows 7

Go YouTube search teacher iPhone to Windows Vista

Well isn't it possible to share your Internet connection? I currently have my Mac setup like this: mywi tethering wifi connected to MacBook pro. Then I share my Internet connection to Ethernet, and I just rub an ethernet cable down the hall to ATV2... Kind of defeats the purpose of having it altogether since it will he hard-connected but for the most part it works good, netflix takes a minute to load but almost always works, and when watching anything from your computer to ATV2, it loads extremely fast

Man this is a huge let down. There's always something to stop me from having completely portable solution. Damn!

"Apple TV does not recognize MyWi wifi because it is an ad-hoc network, and Apple TV 2 doesn't recognize ad-hoc networks"

-straight from a MyWi employee

One thing to note: on MyWi's support website, it states that they are working on a way to male the wifi appear differently... Assuming they are working on it be NOT an ad-hoc here's hoping for the best

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Were you successful in getting a solution?

Did ever find a solution?

Did you find a solution?

I am still looking for a MyWi WiFi / iPhone4 solution. Have you found any solution?
    Last edited by Advocat4U; 12-26-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Advocat4U View Post
    Were you successful in getting a solution?

Did ever find a solution?

Did you find a solution?

I am still looking for a MyWi WiFi / iPhone4 solution. Have you found any solution?
    I don't know about the OP but I had a similar problem with an ATV. I ended up using a software called Connectify to turn my laptop into a wireless router feeding off USB tethering from MyWi.

Hope that helps.

just use ur comp... connect to mywi then share ur internet connection wifi.. then connect... itsa double piggy back but still just as fast... bluetooth tethering is pointless as slow as it is