+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What apps?

is a discussion within the

AppleTV

forums, a part of the

Mac Hardware

section;
Just thought it would be fun to start a thread for us ATV guys to see what jailbroken apps we would like to see come to the ATV platform. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default What apps?
    Just thought it would be fun to start a thread for us ATV guys to see what jailbroken apps we would like to see come to the ATV platform. I myself would love to see swirly mms com to ATV I dont know how practical it would actually be but I would pay for it for sure just to be able to send mms while im on ATV? what do you guys think would be good aps to have on the platform?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

linked with social networks that allow you to update status of what one is watching or something like thar... safari too would be cool to browse web

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does ATV stream Pandora by default? If not, that would be huge for me. (mine is in the mail)

How about games using the iPhone or iPod as a controller?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It would be great to be able to theme the GUI too. I hope this really takes off. There's huge potential here for the aTV, but I do see a problem with getting apps to look right in the correct resolution.
    "We chase misprinted lies"

Thanks

I wnet ahead and backed up my ATV SHSH blobs last night so im ready for the new pwnage tool this weekend!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

My ATV is on flight from Alaska today.

That is the first thing I will be doing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    My ATV is on flight from Alaska today.

That is the first thing I will be doing.
    just watch where you get your micro usb cable from. I got mine from target that came in the cell phone section and wasted 2 hrs wondering why i could get the apple tv in DFU mode. finally after trying 100 times i went to wal mart and bought theres went home and hooked it up and i had been in dfu mode for the past 2 hrs the cord just wouldnt work right. So just look for that if for some reason it doesnt go into DFU mode.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Mine spent a few days in Alaska before leaving yesterday and hitting Memphis last night. Now out for delivery!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

Got mine today. Ours must have been near each other till Memphis.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yup, got mine in, backed up my SHSH and now I'm not sure what to do with the little thing. Can't really do anything my 360's around the house can't do... Really need some of these jailbroken apps to make it useful!

Thanks

I love this little thing. I was on the fence about it until i got it and have been using nextflix with it. I think i only watch tv on wed and thrus to watch my 2 shows that i keep up with . other then that im scanning my ATV! jailbreaking it i think will make it 100 times better! anyone know what time zone the dev team is in? the last release was done while i was sleeping. I will stay up all night to jb this thing if i know ab when its gonna come out lol.

Thanks

I'm waiting for the aTV Flash update for the atv2. It's going to be sick! As well as more stuff for our jailbroken ATV2.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Thanks

I don't care about Pandora as it seems pretty useless to stream music on my TV when I can do it to my stereo using other means like my Airport Express from any of my Macs. Not sure why you'd want MMS on your TV as one poster suggested. I'm not gonna turn my TV on to send a MMS message when I can do it in a couple seconds from my phone that I carry on me at all times. Seems really stupid. I hope social network integration doesn't happen. I don't need to know what all my friends are watching.

Games that make use of the iPhone/iPod Touch as a controller will be cool. It's just a matter of time. Then the official Apple TV App Store will roll out in time I'm sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

I think if a boot level exploit is found / released and an alternate OS can be loaded (or even IOS with something other than lowtide would work), getting an external USB hub or having bluetooth support enabled for a keyboard+mouse would turn this into a slick little computer for older parents or as an introductory computer for kids.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How has nobody possibly mentioned VLC player yet?!

MVK support!

Thanks
    Cause ,at least from my experience, VLC doesnt work for crap on the iPad. Plays smaller files but crashes as soon as you load a MKV... Maybe ill have to reinstall and try it again, but for me it was removed in an hour from my device.

D

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would rather have an internet browser so that I can use something like Tversity anyway. On the fly conversion!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Proxy Settings
    A killer app would be proxy settings!

Everyone from outside the US could watch Netflix and HULU then!

Please bring that!

Thanks

I don't see many games coming to the ATV. I've played some games using a video out cable to my TV and you have to look at your phone to control it, which defeats the purpose. But maybe a racing game where you just move the phone to control and click to brake? I am super excited to watch all my .avi's on my TV =D