Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is Facebook process unKILLable

Default Why is Facebook process unKILLable
    I use Backround Manager, which like old, makes it able to view which apps are active by a badge on its icon. Since a year I noticed Facebook, when used once, became active even hours after I used it. In the beginnening I just killed its process with SBSettings. Which in time, seemed unkillable... like the phone process and other stock apps had with iOS 3. So I tried to kill it with Phone Browser, which has a kill and a terminate option. With both kill switches it didn't work. And it became harder advanced over a time of months. Only way to kill it now is with uninstall. Which I do gladly with a big Killers smile on my face every time. Sometimes when reinstalled to fast it even snaps ON again after it is installed

There is no app, thats is this aggressively hooked in the system of iOS like Facebook is. First only the iPhone, but since days even on iPad.
    Only Apple stock apps had this in the early days. They stayed active all the time. Facebook does the same.

Why is this, why are these datahoggers which business is data mining, active like a apple process?

Does Apple know this, even collaborated?

Is it via the social plugins from Apple? No other of the socials like Twitter does this.
    Last edited by taliezin; 05-10-2014 at 03:19 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you running iOS 7? Is this something you can disable in Background App Refresh?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    Are you running iOS 7? Is this something you can disable in Background App Refresh?
    Yes iOS 7. And no, it becomes active with Background App Refresh for Facebook Off.