+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Maps App Help

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, when I use google maps GPS while driving I fin it so annoying when the app slides a notification up saying
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google Maps App Help
    I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, when I use google maps GPS while driving I fin it so annoying when the app slides a notification up saying "give feedback" or "dismiss".

I was hoping someone came up with a way to remove this from constantly popping up, I've had this happen to me several times when trying to drive an needing to see something on the map and it covers it and plus I just find it distracting while driving and don't want to have to hit dismiss if I jus need to tap something quickly.

Anyone have a work around or method to stop this from popping up? I don't care that google gets info from the app I just want the actual graphic on the screen to go away.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Tap profile button in top right corner, settings (gear icon), Shake to send feedback...turn it off.

Try that. If it works, it's due to the phone sensing shaking from your driving. Not insinuating your driving is shaky and rough, just a general shaking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

iChopPryde (06-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Omg thank you, I had no idea the app had a setting section inside the profile part haha that definitely must of been what was constantly happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah, some apps are like that. Weird gesture or motion actions included.the first place I always check is for settings within the app and if not within the phone's settings. Glad your annoying problem is now solved.