Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Imediashare problem

Default Imediashare problem
    Just downloaded iMediaShare for $4.99 Expecting to be able to stream camera roll videos to my Sony Blu-ray player. My Blu-ray player found iMediaShare But iMediaShare on my phone could not find my Blu-ray player anybody know a fix please help wanting to watch a movie tonight. Iphone4s on 6.1.3
    Sony BDP-S570 blueray player

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Not sure if you have seen their page, but they have support page and "Frequently asked questions" section.
    Frequently Asked Questions : iMediaShare

Q: My Sony TV/Blu-ray is unable to play videos from my iPhone. What is wrong?

A: Sony TVs and Blu-rays support a limited number of video formats which can successfully be played back. As a result they are unable to play video files recorded and stored on your iOS device. Online videos are automatically transcoded in real-time to ensure they're optimized for your TV or blu-ray player.
    Q: Which devices can be discovered by iMediaShare?

A: The list of compliant devices is very long. The basic rule of thumb is the device must be a certified DLNA media renderer or Airplay-compliant player. However, there are quite a few other devices which are not certified as such but are successfully discovered by and used with iMediaShare.
    I have never used this so I can't really be much help, sorry.

Thank you I appreciate it, tried it on my son's PlayStation three and it worked fine so it must just be the Blu-ray player isn't quite compatible enough