Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Marketing Success Share

Thumbs up iOS Marketing Success Share
    iOS Marketing Success Share

I have been a staff member in an iOS development company for more than one year. As mainly in charge for marketing, I am familiar with the genius app pop out in a night and fade out gradually.Looking forward to a big done soaring, turned out efforts in organizing threats on forums, twitter and other media.
    There are many traditional marketing methods in iOS app developing field, such as post threats on related forums, sponsor some banner advertisement on popular webs, gain some review articles through a third partner.In my experience doing these, I faced several problems.
    First, Apple cancels the show page on app store for new apps, itís unpossible to gain exposure for our companyís new app.
    Second, our users who tried app with a promotional code are forbidden to give a review on iTunes.It is a disadvantage to gain rate.
    Fortunately, our app is currently ranked in top 100 in U.S. I am glad to share my success with all indie devs and studios. There are three parts following, be patient to the end, and you will have a surprise.

promote code sending
    Thank to Apple's generous welfare, devs could apply to 50 promotion codes when a new app update.Popular forums are must-be places to send promo code. The key to a good campaign is to reply your own threat when it down on the list.Because all the threats rank according to the latest post time.So donít forget to reply your threat to gain more exposure.
    Case on TouchArcade forum. Touch Arcade: iPhone Game Reviews and News
    Here is a word processing appís sending promo code campaign with detailed and real data. It lasted for seven days, finally got a total of 9 people ask for promo code, and got 1278 views. According to my experience, there will be more 500 views for a game app. After all, TouchArcade is a well-organized game Forum.

Advertising
    Itís really a luxury stuff to sponsor a popular and related web, but also results more directly eye-catching than other ways.One point for all of you, donít solely rely on advertising, make it just a supplement to a whole marketing plan.And keep an eye on the webs you want to put banner on, there may be some emergency issues like ad sells out on your favor date, and some short-term super sales popes out .
    Case: Ads on appadvice AppAdvice - iPhone/iPad App News and Reviews
    I bought a banner with the size of 180 * 150 on appadvice, and cost $ 699 a month. It is a little expensive.A month later, I got impression of 470336. The data of clicking is 1555, so the turnover ratio is about 0.33%. This conversion rate is already high among all the banner ads I tried. Of course, it is also owning to our advertising designerís the high quality picture.

App Reviews
    Some websites do a business with free to focus on reviewing app, and posting the review article on their web.But the pass rate on a popular web is very, very low.You can also choose to buy a review article published on a hot web, but the circle for editor to review is always a little long.Donít depend on webís review article, if you want a in-time impact.
    Case: on bestreviewapp Best Review App-App Paid Review
    I purchased 20 real usersí review on the web bestreviewapp, with per $ 2.99, it takes about four days to finish with all reviews can be seen on iTunes.There are 17 rating for five stars, 2 guys give four stars, and 1 review with one star. This 20 preliminary users gave me detailed feedback on app store, and also makes my app soar in the top 100 on United States Districtís rank.

conclusion
    What is the key reason to push a potential user to download your app? The answer is the rating and reviews on app store which they are in face with.It is the most direct way for them to catch your appís point. Pay more attention to word-of-mouth marketing way, please.
    A sincere endorsement from a trusted person may be worth more than a paid endorsement from a celebrity.This is a prospect for social networking, people believe in what they saw and what they heard in person.The best way to win your marketing is making your usersí voice be heard. So taking your usersí experience into consideration by well-use social platform.
    I hope this article could be useful and helpful, with looking forward to a variety of voices and opinions. At last, Merry Christmas to all dream owners focus on iOS developing.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxsofts For This Useful Post:

jacklee123 (12-31-2012), scorpluto (01-04-2013)

Thank you guy.
    The data in your threat is really interesting. That's really means a lot to me.