Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with groupon app?

Default Problem with groupon app?
    It had been working fine since i had it and all of a sudden it updated and wouldnt work then the next update comes out and it still just keeps crashing

Anybody know whats wrong?

I have the same exact problem. I emailed groupon support and they said they cannot assure me the app will work since I am jailbroken. Ever since the 1.6.6 and 1.6.7 updates, their app has not worked on my iPhone 4S.

Get the app "xCon". It patches jailbreak protection making it possible for apps like this to run on a jailbroken device. It's very handy.

It's on the ModMyi repo for free.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Thank you for the suggestion, however, xCon does not fix the problem.

No issues for me, at all. I'm able to open the app and use it with full functionality. I looked through the files, nothing I can see that would be causing it...

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    No issues for me, at all. I'm able to open the app and use it with full functionality. I looked through the files, nothing I can see that would be causing it...
    Hmm..that is interesting. Any suggestions on how to fix it that doesn't involve a restore? I've deleted and reinstalled the app but have had no luck.

I can't really think of anything that could fix it. Restoring would suck -_- So I really am clueless as to what you should do. Works for me which is super weird... Maybe you could have a tweak or something interfering?

I tried Removing any some recent tweaks but the app still does not work. But it does work when I am in safe mode. It's strange because the Groupon app worked fine until their recent update

Wow weird. You're just gonna have to be in SafeMode for it to be used then for the time being. I think it can only detect the jailbreak when you're not in SafeMode...

I have the same problem for a while just never looked into it until now. Groupon app does not work on my jailbroken iPhone 4S or iPad 3. Now for testing purposes I tried it on my iPod 4 and jailbreak it don't work. When I do a fresh restore on the iPod it works. But once I jailbreak it no more like work. So I say its the folks at groupon not wanting their app to work on jailbroken devices. Don't know why not. Anyone found a workaround yet? Other than safe mode which does work?

JuSt tried the iPad app and it works. I was using the iPhone app and still don't work.
    Last edited by Hellion; 08-16-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Just wanted to add, that as of the new update today to the Groupon app, it now works on all my Jailbroken devices. v2.0 8/23/2012