Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

The xcon app does not seem to be working with the verizon Flexview version 2.0.29.26 on the iPad 2. It still says that the app detected the jailbreak. Did verizon update the app to get around xcon?

I upgraded to xCon 13, and it is now crashing the verizon Flexview app.

I Just JB ios 5.0.1 on my iphone and every time I try to add this repo in Cydia I get Did not find Repository. It also says it could be a legacy installer repository (these are not supported)?

I had the same problem. His repo is ultra slow and doesn't always respond. Type it in, triple check it, then copy the url into memory and just keep pasting it in there and trying over and over again. It'll eventually go. Even after you get it to connect you might still have to wait an hour for it sync his packages. They took me about an hour.

EDIT:
    Unless he borked it since last night???

I've tested both xCon 11 and 13 with Flixster. My films never start, even downloaded ones, it always pops up a 'poor internet connection' error.

I think there are just minor bugs he needs to iron out and support lovefilm!

Hi, it is a very useful tweak indeed! Could you tell if it is possible to get Kaching from Commonwealth Bank of Australia working on a jailbroken device?
    Thank you!

In case it hasn't been noticed, xCon doesn't work with untethered redsn0w and DirecTV. If I've done something wrong, please let me know. All I want to do is use the DTV app as a channel guide and this denial of service pisses me off!

Double check that. I am using the latest xCon fix on an untethered ipad 1 ios 5.0.1

Thanks, EJN, but I uninstalled xCon, reinstalled it, and this time I rebooted after respringing. Still rejected by DTV. What am I doing wrong?

Hmm, I'm not sure PortlandPaw. I used xCon 13 on the Directv 1.3.7 app and it works great for me. I originally used Redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad 1 then i used Corona 5.0.1 to untether it.

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the Directv app and then use xCon 13 to patch it?

Quote Originally Posted by theflexxxman View Post
    I got the latest xcon it seems to affect the lovefilm app but only to make it crash it looks like its about to play the movie but just crashes glad to see progress on it though
    I can confirm that I get the same issue on LoveFilm Player.

I no longer get the jailbroken message and I now get a popup that says your film is about to start, then shortly after it crashes.

Currently running iPad 1 untethered on iOS 5.0.1.

Updated to xCon 14 after deleting older version. Now Optimum and Skype won't even open.
    Last edited by rs6er; 01-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.

+1 optimum and Skype won't open with xcon installed, is it still just detecting Cydia?

If you uninstall xCon and Cydia will they work again?

Same here - xCon and Skype are not playing well together. Skype started working fine once I removed xCon.

So it appears DTV 1.3.9 is out. Anyone try it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    So it appears DTV 1.3.9 is out. Anyone try it yet?
    Yep. Installed last night.

DirecTV is in the lead...time for another xCon update...

Maybe one of these days, I'll get xCon before DTV "fixes" it.

To the dev...<br><br>I hope your not getting tired of this never ending round of cat vs mouse with DirecTV. Perhaps there's another way to proactively protect against possible directv "fixes" so your hard efforts aren't for nothing? A blanket memory protection or some sort of executing the app in a non-jailbroken VM?<br>

Default Optimum App Crashing
    xcon was working for the optimum app before I upgraded to version 14. Now the app simply won't open. When I uninstall xcon it does end up launching but of course detect that I have jailbroken. Would be great if this could be fixed.

This is a great project and I appreciate the hard work.

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast