+ Reply
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Yeah companies like DirecTV really need to spend their programmers time and money on more important things. Like get VOD streaming on non DVR's, the PC or the ipad. Well
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah companies like DirecTV really need to spend their programmers time and money on more important things. Like get VOD streaming on non DVR's, the PC or the ipad. Well what they do is for another topic.

Anyway I was wondering if it would be possible to virtualize iOS inside a process within a jailbroken iOS. This way you open a virtualized 'non-jb ios 5' and can run ANY jailbreak protected apps ever. I run virtual machines on my PC all the time. I have Windows 7, but in VM I have another instance of Windows 7, XP, Ubuntu and even Mac OS Leopard. All the machines are independent of one another. If I modify my host OS (Windows 7), something running in the VM would have absolutely no idea.

I just fear the day when apple auto compiles jailbreak protection in every app built in Xcode. Were talking every single new app store app. As amazing as n00ne is, individually cracking 1000's of apps is a nightmare way to scale. Or heck... maybe a future iOS will detect JB at boot and take you to a special welcome screen saying we must restore from the cloud or itunes before continuing boot.

I guess I'm just trying to theorize here to make n00ne's life a little easier.
    Last edited by cypherstream; 12-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.3.6
    DirecTV 1.3.6 is working great with xCon 11. Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To everyone who doesn't understand why devs care about jailbroken devices, even on free apps:

1. For apps that aren't free they don't want you stealing their app.

2. Even for apps that are free, you can now CRACK IAP's and get IAP's for free. Therefore they STILL do not want you to use JB devices as they do not want you to steal their IAP's. No I will NOT explain how.

Maybe DTV plans to have IAPs or maybe they don't want people who DO NOT PAY for DTV service to hack into an old/cracked receiver. Use your brain.

Security is just something we're going to have to deal with.
    Last edited by ISOHaven; 12-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Directv 1.3.7 is out - "stability fixes". xCon 11 no longer works....sigh. When will it stop?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dt56 View Post
    Directv 1.3.7 is out - "stability fixes". xCon 11 no longer works....sigh. When will it stop?
    Does it force-upgrade or does 1.3.6 still allow itself to run?? I didn't even open DTV, I'm afraid to, hehe. Really need a way to prevent the upgrade check permanently and just stick with old versions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
    Does it force-upgrade or does 1.3.6 still allow itself to run?? I didn't even open DTV, I'm afraid to, hehe. Really need a way to prevent the upgrade check permanently and just stick with old versions.
    Not yet, but I'm guessing that at some point it will. I upgraded, saw that it didn't work, and then promptly downgraded to 1.3.6. Still works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not yet, but I'm guessing that at some point it will. I upgraded, saw that it didn't work, and then promptly downgraded to 1.3.6. Still works.
    Hopefully someone can patch it quick, lol

Thanks

I'm still on 1.3.5 and it works great. However in the past they used to force an upgrade within 48 hours of the new version in the app store.

You notice of ALL iPad apps, DirecTV iPad app for some reason needs to be updated the most! Gee if the app was really that buggy then DirecTV sucks!

Obviously these updates are a direct blow to the jailbreak community. Hopefully an upgrade check patch is written so 1.3.5 or 1.3.6 can work indefinitely. Then we can just patch this app when real new features come out (like new streaming channels or DVR to do list / series priority management comes out). These updates are a nuisance for both stock users and of course our LEGAL jail broken devices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cypherstream For This Useful Post:

bella92108 (12-15-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    I'm still on 1.3.5 and it works great. However in the past they used to force an upgrade within 48 hours of the new version in the app store.
    Hmmm...using an older version has never worked for me. Do you have streaming enabled? I would be happy to just not upgrade but that never was an option.

Thanks

Yes streaming works fine too.

When they released 1.3.6 they never made it a forced update. I don't update this app unless I'm forced to do so.

When 1.3.5 came out, it sat in the app store as an optional upgrade for about 48 hours or so. Then eventually DirecTV sent a signal to the ipad app 1.3.4 basically crashing the app and saying that an upgrade was required. They never did this with 1.3.6 and so far with 1.3.7 either. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

These frequent back to back updates have to be a huge inconvenience for everyone... even the non jailbroken users. So I guess they give it a few days until they are 100% satisfied with the new version before throwing the switch that says the update is mandatory.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Downgrading to 1.3.6
    How did you downgrade?? I sure hope n00neimp0rtant isn't going to get so frustrated with these irritating upgrades that he stops. I HATE DIRECTV!!!!! I agree with the others that they need to put their energy into expanding their live streaming options for their over-charged customer base.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freud55 View Post
    How did you downgrade?? I sure hope n00neimp0rtant isn't going to get so frustrated with these irritating upgrades that he stops. I HATE DIRECTV!!!!! I agree with the others that they need to put their energy into expanding their live streaming options for their over-charged customer base.
    It's coming VERY soon :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freud55 View Post
    How did you downgrade??
    You can go to your folder where all your IPA files are stored. Before letting iTunes update the app, copy the old IPA file to somewhere else. Then let iTunes update. Then sync your iPad. If there's an issue then delete the app from your iPad and restore the original file to the IPA folder. Now iTunes is downgraded. Install the app to your iPad again.

OR

Leave iTunes alone. Upgrade the app from the app store on your iPad. If there's a problem then simply delete the app on your iPad and sync with iTunes again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
    It's coming VERY soon :-)
    The patch is coming VERY soon, you mean? I hope so.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post
    You can go to your folder where all your IPA files are stored. Before letting iTunes update the app, copy the old IPA file to somewhere else. Then let iTunes update. Then sync your iPad. If there's an issue then delete the app from your iPad and restore the original file to the IPA folder. Now iTunes is downgraded. Install the app to your iPad again.
    If you accidentally updated iTunes before you saved the old version, then you should still be able to retrieve it from the recycle bin (at least on PCs, don't know about MAC). Look for "DIRECTV 1.3.6.ipa".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post

OR

Leave iTunes alone. Upgrade the app from the app store on your iPad. If there's a problem then simply delete the app on your iPad and sync with iTunes again.
    Thanks friend! I updated on my iPad 1 and tried xcon ver 11, which as we know doesn't work anymore. On my iPad 2, i am still using 1.3.6 with xcon 11. I will follow your advice for downgrading, but i might experiment a little first thru ifile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Good For enterprise
    Tried with xCon 11.
    it does get past the jailbreak test and downloaded the folder list but then Good can't connect to the servers to get or send email.
    It keeps saying connecting..

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

K so i made a account just for this frustrating topic. So i didn't know about this problem till i downloaded the app for the first time today at 1.3.7 i guess xcon doesn't work from the above posts so any idea when there will be a xcon update or if someone can email me the 1.3.6 IPA would be SWEET!!!!! just message me on this forum account and ill link u my email. it'll be very much appreciated if anyone would be willing to go through the trouble of helping me out. oh ya F*CK you directv, fu*cking Pricks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just have to wait. The author claims DTV should quit wasting their time yet...the iphone streaming app still hasn't been cracked so clearly they know what they are doing. At some point they'll beef up the iPad version just as well as the iPhone version and we wont have anything at all. Who knows, just have to wait....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

K but if there isn't a update requirement can someone end me ther 1.3.6 ipa?