Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 829

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post

    I just committed a bunch of changes to GitHub. Go update now, even if the patches are all working fine for you. I changed the way the code gets hooked in, and it is a LOT safer than the version that you probably have installed right now. You want version 0.1.3. Please go grab the .deb and update it. https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon
    Is it OK to just install the new version on top of the old (ie. just do "dpkg -i xCon.deb" without uninstalling the old version)?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by dt56 View Post
    Is it OK to just install the new version on top of the old (ie. just do "dpkg -i xCon.deb" without uninstalling the old version)?
    I don't see why not, iFile installs over the old one just fine.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by dt56 View Post
    Is it OK to just install the new version on top of the old (ie. just do "dpkg -i xCon.deb" without uninstalling the old version)?
    I just uninstalled with cydia first, then installed the new version and that worked fine for me

  4. #84
    Hi, in South Africa we have "dstv moile decoder" which uses an external dvbh device, which closes the application after displying message that jailbreak devices are nor supported. Please can you check it out. Thanks
    Last edited by Teshars; 12-01-2011 at 02:55 AM.

  5. #85
    The app 'Movies by Flixster' is currently the only approved way to play UltraViolet digital copies. The app works fine until you go to play one of your movies and then you get a "Not on a jailbroken device" message.

    I'd be really nice if the Flixster application could be added to xcon.

  6. #86
    None of the Grimm apps are working. All three of them give me a black screen when you try to load them. I'm using your newest version from Github.

  7. #87
    The thing is more and more apps are going to do JB detection. I wouldn't be surprised if IOS itself did JB detection on boot in a future version.

    I wonder what the feasibility is on a low level system hook driver that makes all apps think the device is unmodified? A single driver that did this may be easier than hot patching various checks in memory that an app developer could change from version to version.

  8. #88
    Default Directv. Yippie!
    Downladed the xcon patch from Cydia. Worked on directv 1.3.5. Woohoo!

  9. #89
    New request: Cox TV Connect
    Cox cable customers can watch a selection of 35 TV channels streamed live to their iPad.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/05/c...ming-to-ipads/

    Application says error 144. Click ok and it terminates. Error 144 according to their KB is a modified / unsupported iPad operating system. Aka jail broken.

    One day every app will be compiled with jailbreak protection. I think we need to come up with a scalable low level approach that isn't as much work as patching individual apps.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post
    None of the Grimm apps are working. All three of them give me a black screen when you try to load them. I'm using your newest version from Github.
    The Grimm apps actually don't seem to work at all on newer versions of iOS. Just look at the last submission date in the App Store.

    Just pushed a new version up to GitHub, and it supports Cox, Flixster, Skype, Good For Enterprise, and a bunch more stuff. If you don't like installing stuff manually, it should be on Cydia by late Wednesday.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    I think we need to come up with a scalable low level approach that isn't as much work as patching individual apps.
    That's not possible. There are at least 6 different determining factors for detecting a jailbreak, and an infinite amount of ways by which to test them.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    The Grimm apps actually don't seem to work at all on newer versions of iOS. Just look at the last submission date in the App Store.
    The last submission date says Sept. 16th 2011. That was LESS then a month ago and it says it works on iOS3+. I'm on iOS4. All of my Grimm apps were working on my exact iOS version prior to jailbreaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Just pushed a new version up to GitHub, and it supports Cox, Flixster, Skype, Good For Enterprise, and a bunch more stuff. If you don't like installing stuff manually, it should be on Cydia by late Wednesday.
    It was on cydia as of last night.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post
    The last submission date says Sept. 16th 2011. That was LESS then a month ago and it says it works on iOS3+. I'm on iOS4. All of my Grimm apps were working on my exact iOS version prior to jailbreaking.
    I'll have to check it out then.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post
    It was on cydia as of last night.
    The one on Cydia right now is build 4. GitHub has build 7, which I submitted to them and should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

  14. #94
    I just installed v10 from GitHub but it doesn't work with the updated 1.3.6 version of the DirecTV app... I can see that this is going to be a game of cat and mouse...

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by falvesjr View Post
    I just installed v10 from GitHub but it doesn't work with the updated 1.3.6 version of the DirecTV app... I can see that this is going to be a game of cat and mouse...
    I decided to make my xCon repo on GitHub private so they can't just work around the patches that I make.

    Here's build 11: xCon.deb

    It works with DirecTV iPad 1.3.6.

  16. #96
    Thanks, works great!

  17. #97
    Green Apple truehybridx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mustang Ridge, Texas, United States
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    whats the purpose of those apps even caring if your device is jailbroken?? i mean i can understand if its a paid app and people are cracking it and installing it using illegal means but just prevent your app in those situations... not just everybody who is jailbroken

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by truehybridx View Post
    whats the purpose of those apps even caring if your device is jailbroken?? i mean i can understand if its a paid app and people are cracking it and installing it using illegal means but just prevent your app in those situations... not just everybody who is jailbroken
    I believe it is because these folks think that if you have a jailbroken device, then you could install things that are illegal, like being able to record or to stream outside of your home network. I agree that this is ridiculous and penalizes all of us who have legally jailbroken our own devices and just want to install and use apps properly.

    Thanks to great individuals like n00neimp0rtant, we have a solution!

    Now if we could just break the "cat and mouse" circle. Let's hope that sooner or later these developers will grow weary of trying to un-jailbreak their apps.

  19. #99
    Using xCon 11, version 1.3.6 crashes as soon as it finishes verifying the account information.
    Any thoughts?

  20. #100
    Default Incidental fix
    Xcon fixed my problems!
    Thanks n00ne!!
    Last edited by tcys; 12-09-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •