+ Reply
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So how do I get this on my iPad from the github? I know it will be submitted and avaliable on cydia soon, I just want to know how I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So how do I get this on my iPad from the github?
    I know it will be submitted and avaliable on cydia soon, I just want to know how I would do that so I can learn something today..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redzombi2k View Post
    So how do I get this on my iPad from the github?
    I know it will be submitted and avaliable on cydia soon, I just want to know how I would do that so I can learn something today..
    I'm sure there's a ton of ways. The easiest (IMO) is to get a program called iFile. I use it for just about everything. It's on cydia. I also use iFunBox to access the iDevices file system from Windows. You can get iFunBox for free, just google it.

Open iFunBox and copy the .DEB file to your idevice then use iFile to tap on the same .DEB and select Installer.

But like I said, there are many ways to get a DEB file installed. I think there's a folder you can drop it to on the iDevice then you simply reboot it and it gets installed when it boots.

Let me google that for you

EDIT:
    I know that link is usually used to make fun of someone but that's not how I intended it. I use it because it's smaller/easier and more forum character friendly.

EDIT2:
    Almost forgot. It looked in cydia earlier and it was already in there. UNLESS, it shows it now because I have it installed???
    Last edited by ISOHaven; 11-29-2011 at 03:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It looks like it was updated on Github.
    https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon

I have iFile installed, and when I go to download a file in safari right on my ipad, it lets you actually download it. With iFile i can install it.

Once installed, it will show up as installed packages in Cydia because the package management on the system. Or you can SSH or use Mobile Terminal and run aptitude as a package management utility.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have ifile, and safari download manager.
    I downloaded xcon.deb, found it in ifile, clicked it and choose installer, but for some reason I get An error with result code 256. Is there a special directory it needs to be installed from?
    Also, I just checked and it is not yet on cyida so it must show up after you installed it.

EDIT: I placed it in the Cydia auto install directory, and rebooted but no success. It did not install, and when I checked the directory aging the file was gone, so I know it tried to process it.
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 11-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have ifile, and safari download manager.
    I downloaded xcon.deb, found it in ifile, clicked it and choose installer, but for some reason I get An error with result code 256. Is there a special directory it needs to be installed from?
    Also, I just checked and it is not yet on cyida so it must show up after you installed it.

EDIT: I placed it in the Cydia auto install directory, and rebooted but no success. It did not install, and when I checked the directory aging the file was gone, so I know it tried to process it.
    Do you have the older version already installed? If so then try removing that first from within Cydia, then reinstall the DEB again. Funny though, I had no issue with that.

You can also try putting the device in safemode with SBSettings then try again with iFile....provided iFile even runs in safemode....

Also try downloading the file from a computer and moving it to the idevice. Some people online are complaining about corrupt DEB files when downloaded with Mobile Safari.

EDIT:

This makes sense. I'm guessing you already installed it from Cydia?

"...it's how cydia and dpkg normally behave. If you install an app from a repository, you can only upgrade the app from that repository. You can't use a deb or another repository to upgrade that package. dpkg will complain that the package you're trying to install wants to overwrite files from another package."

So it worked for me because I installed the DEB from the site both times.
    Last edited by ISOHaven; 11-29-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I tried downloading it from my desktop, transferring it over to my ipad and reinstalling but i keep getting the same error.
    Also, no i never tried to install from Cydia, as best I can tell its not even available on Cydia yet. Unless of course its on a source that i dont have installed, but i doubt that. Here is a screen shot for the error I recieve..xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!-photo.png

Thanks

Also if you have the old DirecTV iPad patch, remove it first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    Also if you have the old DirecTV iPad patch, remove it first.
    It was installed, uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing changed.. am I the only one having a problem with this?
    the error says, it is not a debian format archive, maybe I should try reinstalling iFile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was installed, uninstalled it and tried again. Nothing changed.. am I the only one having a problem with this?
    the error says, it is not a debian format archive, maybe I should try reinstalling iFile.
    Um....he changed something. The message for the DEB file when I downloaded it was not "getting the hang of this [n00neimp0rtant]". Maybe he changed the file and that FUBARed it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven View Post
    Um....he changed something. The message for the DEB file when I downloaded it was not "getting the hang of this [n00neimp0rtant]". Maybe he changed the file and that FUBARed it?
    To clarify,
    I had the original ipad directv patch installed before, so i uninstalled that and tried installing this Xcon.deb. What i meant was nothing changed with regards to my lack of success.

EDIT:
    I just reinstalled Ifile, but that did not produce any different results.. man, this is really bugging me now
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 11-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DTV is now working on my iPad (iOS 4.3.3) 2!!! Nomad doesn't, but this is a start. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks

I wish we could get Nomad working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, i finally got it working!
    Write it off to me being an idiot noob when it comes to installing deb files, lesson learned. See I did learn something today!
    Oh and THANKS to n00neimp0rtant!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Directv Patch
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Yes, actually. I figured it out, I just haven't submitted it to MMi or committed my changes to Github yet. I'll do that today.
    Thank You!!!!!!!! The new patch is perfect. Your talent & efforts are very much appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This is absolutely awesome!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Last edited by gjlowe; 11-29-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks

Listen up!!!!!!

I just committed a bunch of changes to GitHub. Go update now, even if the patches are all working fine for you. I changed the way the code gets hooked in, and it is a LOT safer than the version that you probably have installed right now. You want version 0.1.3. Please go grab the .deb and update it. https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon

Also!!!!!!
    If at any point in time, those clever developers work around my patches, please tweet me @unimp0rtanttech RIGHT AWAY so I can start looking into it. Twitter is by far the quickest way to reach me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I now have the DirecTV iPad app running (iPad2/4.3.3).

I can beta test the Good app. Is there a different version the 0.1.1 I should be testing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KKenna View Post
    I now have the DirecTV iPad app running (iPad2/4.3.3).

I can beta test the Good app. Is there a different version the 0.1.1 I should be testing?
    PLEASE update to 0.1.3. I just pushed it onto GitHub a bit ago.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    PLEASE update to 0.1.3. I just pushed it onto GitHub a bit ago.
    Thanks for all your work on this. I just updated to 0.1.3 and tried the Good for Enterprise app. Still getting the "Compliance check failed" message:
    "Compliance Check Failed
    Your IT administrator does not permit Good for Enterprise to run on jailbroken devices. Contact your IT administrator"

Quote Originally Posted by 2doubledeuce View Post
    Thanks for all your work on this. I just updated to 0.1.3 and tried the Good for Enterprise app. Still getting the "Compliance check failed" message:
    "Compliance Check Failed
    Your IT administrator does not permit Good for Enterprise to run on jailbroken devices. Contact your IT administrator"
    I should also note that I'm now getting another message before the one above which says "Good for Enterprise has exited unexpectedly. Contact your IT administrator. Click OK to send logs."

It looks like I'm get this message as its trying to Decrypt Data, which is farther into the startup process than I've seen before. So maybe we're getting there.
    Last edited by 2doubledeuce; 11-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What i meant was nothing changed with regards to my lack of success.
    Nah, I meant n00neimp0rtant changed something.

So....what was the fix in case someone else runs into the same problem? Glad you got it working.