+ Reply
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Game2Freak If your talking about LoveFilm, it's because nothing has been implemented yet. You can find the readme at the github link in the first post. 
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Game2Freak View Post
    If your talking about LoveFilm, it's because nothing has been implemented yet.

You can find the readme at the github link in the first post. 
    I am more than happy to test/try any methods for that lovefilm app, im already subscribed to that service so i can give a hand to try it out.

r-m
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Going to check it out right now
    Just wanted to say I think you're looking into the wrong lovefilm app.... The bundle identifier in your plist is for the lovefilm account management app.
    There's a separate lovefilm player app that has the jailbreak detection

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r-m View Post
    Just wanted to say I think you're looking into the wrong lovefilm app.... The bundle identifier in your plist is for the lovefilm account management app.
    If you read the developer's readme file it specificaly mentions the lovefilm player so he is not looking at the wrong one.

r-m
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arieyuffa View Post
    If you read the developer's readme file it specificaly mentions the lovefilm player so he is not looking at the wrong one.
    I did read the readme file and saw that the lovefilm player was mentioned, but its just a mention in the readme file...
    The actual plist file within the deb, which will tell mobile substrate which apps to attach xCon to, has the bundle ID of the lovefilm account management app and not the lovefilm player... Hence my post.

I don't want the developer trying to do something with an app that that doesn't need anything doing to it... Of course, my apps may be mixed up and I've got the bundles wrong, but thought it's worth mentioning to the developer just in case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any update on the Nomad app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you find out which values detect the jailbreak? I checked plist files in the love film player app. Ut couldn't make out a jailbreak relating entry.

Would be great if you could shad some light onto these I'm really quite inttreseted how this works.

Thanks titelheld

Teq
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@n00neimp0rtant if you need some help with beta-testing the Lovefilm app hack let me know, I'm a subscriber, and would love to test the crap out of it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

another request for nomad app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r-m View Post
    Your right.

The LoveFilm Player Bundle Id is: com.lovefilm.watchnow.ipad

Here is the link to help clear things up: LoveFilm Player

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's great to see n00neimp0rtant is already working on a patch for the lovefilm app.

EDIT: In the second post in this thread is stated "iBooks (this might not be patchable as it has to do with FairPlay stuff)"

Now I took a look at the "LOVEFiLM DE.supp" file in the Folder "SC_Info" in "LOVEFiLM DE.app" and there is also some Apple FairPlay stuff being referred to... does that mean it also might be unpatchable? (sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm not really familiar with this...) The CFBundleIdentifier for german version is "de.lovefilm.watchnow.ipad"
    Last edited by genius777; 11-20-2011 at 04:36 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

DirecTV for iPad 1.3.5.

Not sure why it launches securityd. Rename that library and it no longer complains about jailbreak... however it doesn't log in, because i think that apple library also contains all the certificate information for HTTPs transport.

Was trying to find what other libraries securityd launches by just looking at it in a hex editor and looking for readable ascii text.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    DirecTV for iPad 1.3.5.

Not sure why it launches securityd. Rename that library and it no longer complains about jailbreak... however it doesn't log in, because i think that apple library also contains all the certificate information for HTTPs transport.

Was trying to find what other libraries securityd launches by just looking at it in a hex editor and looking for readable ascii text.
    Anyone find a way to "fix" the directv 1.3.5 app yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I see the xCon from n00neimp0rtant is updated showing confirmed to disable the directv jailbreak detection, but I don't know how to use it:

/Layout/
    Makefile
    README
    Tweak.xm
    xCon.deb

How do I use this on conjunction with the DIRECTV app?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
    So I see the xCon from n00neimp0rtant is updated showing confirmed to disable the directv jailbreak detection, but I don't know how to use it:

/Layout/
    Makefile
    README
    Tweak.xm
    xCon.deb

How do I use this on conjunction with the DIRECTV app?
    Goto 'https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon' and download 'xcon.deb' to your iDevice.
    Then select it in iFile and hit install. The other way is to SSH into your device and install it that way. Just google 'iPhone deb install via ssh' for a guide.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Goto 'https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon' and download 'xcon.deb' to your iDevice.
    Then select it in iFile and hit install. The other way is to SSH into your device and install it that way. Just google 'iPhone deb install via ssh' for a guide.
    I installed it via SSH and the app still is saying I'm jailbroken and can't use. There's got to be more to using xCon than that. It says confirmed working with Directv 1.3.5 so there must be some other step. Happen to know?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No luck with me either ... IOS 4.3.3 w/dtv 1.3.5 xCon installed through IFile

I do have nomad too, so I'd like to test that as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FF0000Five View Post
    No luck with me either ... IOS 4.3.3 w/dtv 1.3.5 xCon installed through IFile

I do have nomad too, so I'd like to test that as well
    I don't get it. xCon provides no instructions as to how to make it work. He has provided 20 files, yet no instructions what to do with them. Obviously the DEB is to be installed, but those other files clearly serve a purpose.

I don't find anywhere that talks about how to use it, or anything aside from it supposedly being "Confirmed Working on 1.3.5" ... lol, not very good for a dev to claim without offering up any support. I gotta call BS absent of someone saying it worked for them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
    I don't get it. xCon provides no instructions as to how to make it work. He has provided 20 files, yet no instructions what to do with them. Obviously the DEB is to be installed, but those other files clearly serve a purpose.

I don't find anywhere that talks about how to use it, or anything aside from it supposedly being "Confirmed Working on 1.3.5" ... lol, not very good for a dev to claim without offering up any support. I gotta call BS absent of someone saying it worked for them.
    I'm not sure it's meant yet for people like me who aren't that knowledgeable about ios development. I'm sure, once this is polished and working as advertised, it will be on cydia and will install like those apps. I think the other files are just development files and are only needed to recompile the .deb code when changes are made though.

Be patient. I have every confidence this will get polished and working the way we want (I just hope Nomad gets incorporated sooner than later!).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FF0000Five View Post
    I'm not sure it's meant yet for people like me who aren't that knowledgeable about ios development. I'm sure, once this is polished and working as advertised, it will be on cydia and will install like those apps. I think the other files are just development files and are only needed to recompile the .deb code when changes are made though.

Be patient. I have every confidence this will get polished and working the way we want (I just hope Nomad gets incorporated sooner than later!).
    I'm hoping it also addresses the issue with version-check, otherwise we're going to go through this every ".x" update. :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IPad 2 / 4.3.3 / DirecTV 1.3.5
    This also doesn't work for me. Have tried uninstalling xCon, DirecTV and the previous iPad patch for DireTV to no avail.

Anyone actually have this defeating the jailbreak detection for the DirecTV app?