Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xCon: Patch Apps With Jailbreak Protection!

Quote Originally Posted by rbolen70 View Post
    2 things to get Directv working:

1. grab http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws...gator/1/ipad/2, edit and save to local server.
    change the verMin and verCurrent to 1.3.7
    use a url rewrite mod to change to local server.

2. Then again, I suppose a content mod would work too..., but you'd have to change the value each time the app is updated.

Something like this (for dansguardian):
    # for DTV iPad app
    "<verMin>1.3.9"->"<verMin>1.3.7"
    "<verCurrent>1.3.9"->"<verCurrent>1.3.7"

both confirmed working...
    Well dans guardian doesn't run on DD-WRT and I'm not building a smoothwall fw just for directv. But opt. 1... Are you Basically saying make dns entry to redirect asws.dtvce.com to a local apache/php server on my LAN which contains that file in the same path, just modified with my directv version number?

Ok I installed WAMP on my windows box (google it). Downloaded that XML file (http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws...gator/1/ipad/2) and put it here on my PC:
    C: \wamp\www\ASWSHeadend\ws\appconfig\navigator\1\ipa d I edited the file in Notepad++ and changed verMin and verCurrent to 1.3.5 (because that is the last version of the app I have that was backed up).

In my router which runs DD-WRT I went to the Services tab and under DNSMasq which is set to Enable and also Local DNS Enable, I pasted this in Additional DNSMasq Options:
    alias=99.193.228.67,192.168.1.101,255.255.255.255. 0
    (Just replace the 192.168 address with the IP of YOUR local webserver) The 99.193 address is asws.dtvce.com.
    - I know this isn't the best way but it was just a quick and dirty test.

Now on the ipad under wifi settings I changed the DNS server to the IP address of my router running DD-WRT. Now when the DirecTV iPad app logs in it is redirected to MY webserver and pulls my modified file and logs in! The guide works, however on the home tab the currently watching pane says "Searching for Receiver" Live TV Streaming pane is blank and the "What's Hot" pane is Loading... So it's not 100% but its some progress! Perhaps there are more resources on asws.dtvce.com that I need to bring in onto my server. I'd have to have an unjailbroken ipad with the app and do a wireshark traffic analysis to see what other resources it's pulling in. Unfortunately I don't have an unjailbroken ipad. Maybe I can see what it's trying to request on this version on my jailbroken ipad.

If anyone else has a better way or other solution feel free to add on this or work on this solution. I'm sure if you don't have DD-WRT you could edit the hosts file on the ipad (/etc/hosts) to point asws.dtvce.com to your local webserver. Or heck someone could create a public webserver that is always available 24/7 on the internet. All we would need is the IP address to put in the hosts file.

I'm sure this is just the beginning but I bet we could expand on this solution for DirecTV for iPad.
    Last edited by cypherstream; 02-04-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: clarity

Default Use Fiddler
    I have it fully working. short version: point your iPad to a proxy on your network. Configure the proxy to redirect the url"http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2" to your own server where you have the modified xml file. I used fiddler to do this, just google it and install it. Look for the tab "autoresponder", there you can configure it to redirect the URL. On your ipad you will configure a manual proxy for your wifi network. If someone needs me to I can post more specific instructions later.

Quote Originally Posted by prog84 View Post
    I have it fully working. short version: point your iPad to a proxy on your network. Configure the proxy to redirect the url"http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2" to your own server where you have the modified xml file. I used fiddler to do this, just google it and install it. Look for the tab "autoresponder", there you can configure it to redirect the URL. On your ipad you will configure a manual proxy for your wifi network. If someone needs me to I can post more specific instructions later.
    Thanks prog, a proxy makes sense. I'm going to see if I can get my DD-WRT router to host the small file and a rule for that URL. That way I won't have to keep my PC on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    Thanks prog, a proxy makes sense. I'm going to see if I can get my DD-WRT router to host the small file and a rule for that URL. That way I won't have to keep my PC on all the time.
    No problem. Let me know if that works. I ran a packet capture while running the directv app, and I could see it reaching out to the asws.dtvce.com domain for several other directories.. in addition my receivers reach out to the same url. It seems whats happening is the receivers register in some sort of dynamic directory, and the ipad app looks in that directory for the receivers. In addition to that it pulls an xml file for the live streaming channels from another directory on that domain.

Just to make it clear to everyone, you do have to be running 1.3.7 or earlier, 1.3.9 will not work. Also, you will still need xcon, or make the modifications manually to avoid jailbreak detection. If you search around you will find the ipa for 1.3.7.

If someone were willing someone could very easily run a public proxy that would accomplish this for everyone.

Ah yes for fun just tried the fidler method. Fully works. Wow what a great find. It shouldn't be too hard to implement this same type of thing completely on the ipad. Basically a network or memory patch that redirects the log in xml to a local one stored on the ipad just to get through.

Yeah so fully changing the DNS entry via router or /etc/hosts for asws.dtvce.com doesn't work... you can only redirect that 2.xml file. This is because the video streaming pulls https://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ios.key - seems to be some sort of key for streaming. ANyway fiddler is pretty sweet. Can really see exactly what traffic is passing without trudging through protocol filters like you would have to with wireshark.

Default Live Streaming off your network!!!
    Who would like to watch the live streaming on their iPad, not being held down to your own network??

Using the methods already discussed here(fiddler), make your proxy server available externally. On your web server you created to serve the xml file modifying the version settings, create another directory, ASWSHeadend\ws\ls\metadata. In this directory you are going to serve this xml file.metadata.zip. Then redirect this url http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws/ls/metadata to your server.

Now when you are on another network, simply add your proxy address under the wireless network(your external address) settings. When you launch the dtv app you should be able to play live tv.

Wow! So DTV's fight against jailbreakers actually allowed us to find a way to stream externally, which they never wanted, when all we really wanted was to allow the app to launch. Fantastic! Great work people!

Can someone please tell me where to find the DirecTV 1.3.7 app. I have searched to the end of the Internet and back. I can not find it anywhere. Please help

Ok prog84, thanks for these instructions. I am getting a bit confused about the Fiddler aspect. I have entered the URL to be redirected and the local URL of my server. However, what do I point my proxy settings to on the iPad? Fiddler is running on the same server as WAMP. WAMP is running on port 8081 so it doesn't conflict with other stuff running on this box. I have an entry in autoresponder tab to redirect the URL "http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2" to "http://<localserver IP>:8081/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2". What I am not clear about is what port fiddler runs on, and what to set on the iPad proxy settings. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, two things, first of all, I think I found in fiddler where to modify the port - under tools -> fiddler options -> connections tab. However, I still can't get it to work. So now I need to ensure I have WAMP set up right. Does the redirect point to the full path with the .xml extension? Also, how does the iPad work with everything else if I have the proxy set up? I can't seem to get ANY internet which leads me to believe I still have something set wrong there too.
    Last edited by gjlowe; 02-05-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Ok prog84, thanks for these instructions. I am getting a bit confused about the Fiddler aspect. I have entered the URL to be redirected and the local URL of my server. However, what do I point my proxy settings to on the iPad? Fiddler is running on the same server as WAMP. WAMP is running on port 8081 so it doesn't conflict with other stuff running on this box. I have an entry in autoresponder tab to redirect the URL "http://asws.dtvce.com/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2" to "http://<localserver IP>:8081/ASWSHeadend/ws/appconfig/navigator/1/ipad/2". What I am not clear about is what port fiddler runs on, and what to set on the iPad proxy settings. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, two things, first of all, I think I found in fiddler where to modify the port - under tools -> fiddler options -> connections tab. However, I still can't get it to work. So now I need to ensure I have WAMP set up right. Does the redirect point to the full path with the .xml extension? Also, how does the iPad work with everything else if I have the proxy set up? I can't seem to get ANY internet which leads me to believe I still have something set wrong there too.
    Hey gjlowe, make sure that under the AutoResponder tab that you have "unmatched requests passthrough" checked. I have a feeling that is the issue you are having. The rule will look like this..

-rule.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to prog84 For This Useful Post:

gjlowe (02-05-2012)

Ok, so I did find that checkbox, and have it set now, but still no dice. Also, when I configure the WAMP server, does it need to have a directory "2" and then in THAT directory it has 2.xml, or just the 2.xml file within the */ipad directory?

Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Ok, so I did find that checkbox, and have it set now, but still no dice. Also, when I configure the WAMP server, does it need to have a directory "2" and then in THAT directory it has 2.xml, or just the 2.xml file within the */ipad directory?
    You do have allow remote connections on in Fiddler? Also in wamp the XML file I just named was "2". No extension. Test it by going to that path on your wamp server and see if the XML loads. I think I had to go into wamp\bin\apache and there was a conf file in there that only allowed connections from localhost. I commented it out and put in allow all.

I'm going to see if I can make an integrated solution done all within the iPad. I'm thinking lighttpd (avail in Cydia) for the web server hosting the XML files, and 3proxy for the proxy that can do redirection. The iPad would be setup to point to itself (127.0.0.1). It's just an idea, not sure if it will work but in theory it should. I'll give it a go later.

I realize this is getting a little OT for xCon, but maybe the DEV will see this technique and build an easy way to avoid version detection for directv right into xCon.
    Last edited by cypherstream; 02-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cypherstream For This Useful Post:

gjlowe (02-05-2012)

I got it working! Thanks to everyone who helped. This is awesome. Worth the setup headaches!

the xcon 14 when i install it to help with a few other apps it causes skype to fail to load but as soon as i remove the xcon tweak skype works fine again. my want to hae a lookie loo at it

Are you guys trying to enable live streaming from anywhere instead of your own house? I took a look at their headers and I know how to enable it without a proxy server (it's actually really easy) but frankly, I don't want to give them any more reason to patch over xCon again, so I'm not implementing that.

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Are you guys trying to enable live streaming from anywhere instead of your own house? I took a look at their headers and I know how to enable it without a proxy server (it's actually really easy) but frankly, I don't want to give them any more reason to patch over xCon again, so I'm not implementing that.
    Well, that was not MY initial intent - I just wanted to get the app to work on my legally jailbroken iPad. The remote streaming would be gravy.

n00neimp0rtant just tweeted he has DTV patched. He's working on a few other programs to patch yet.
    Last edited by kressley; 02-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Not my intent either. Just want to patch the version check so when they patch xcon we can still use an old version that works.

That would make an awesome patch... But Slingplayer works fine for that.

Xcon 16 on developers repo
    Last edited by kressley; 02-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast