Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! ""app name" Failed to install" Cant sync my apps on iOS5!!

Default HELP!!! ""app name" Failed to install" Cant sync my apps on iOS5!!
    I have an iphone 4 that was jailbroken at ios4.3 and i updated it to 5. After restoring it a few times to get iMessage to work, i cannot get my app store apps to sync. About 1/8 of all my 179 apps went to my iPHone. i legally purchased all of them (most are free). Apps like google voice are not syncing, but other like angry birds are. I do not know why some are and some arnt. If i launch the app store on my phone, i can successfully download the apps like google voice that did not sync from itunes. This is really pissing me off. WHY CANT THIS JUST WORK!?!?!?

I have tried:
    -restoring my phone
    -restarting itunes and the computer(windows)

The error message i receive is simply ""app name" Failed to install" as a uialertview on the iphone. this happens after it downloads, and while its installing. GRRR what happened to the somewhat useful messages in itunes on ios 4? can i get them back? they at least told me why it failed. Now all i can do is get mad at itunes. >.<

I have also tested the .IPAs with 7-zip and it says they are valid.

-i have the latest itunes(10.5).

after i restore the phone, i set it up as a new phone, and dont restore from backup by the way.

Oh and this is my first post so if i posted in the wrong spot or something sorry.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingninjas View Post
    I have an iphone 4 that was jailbroken at ios4.3 and i updated it to 5. After restoring it a few times to get iMessage to work, i cannot get my app store apps to sync. About 1/8 of all my 179 apps went to my iPHone. i legally purchased all of them (most are free). Apps like google voice are not syncing, but other like angry birds are. I do not know why some are and some arnt. If i launch the app store on my phone, i can successfully download the apps like google voice that did not sync from itunes. This is really pissing me off. WHY CANT THIS JUST WORK!?!?!?

I have tried:
    -restoring my phone
    -restarting itunes and the computer(windows)

The error message i receive is simply ""app name" Failed to install" as a uialertview on the iphone. this happens after it downloads, and while its installing. GRRR what happened to the somewhat useful messages in itunes on ios 4? can i get them back? they at least told me why it failed. Now all i can do is get mad at itunes. >.<

I have also tested the .IPAs with 7-zip and it says they are valid.

-i have the latest itunes(10.5).

after i restore the phone, i set it up as a new phone, and dont restore from backup by the way.

Oh and this is my first post so if i posted in the wrong spot or something sorry.

Thanks.
    It sounds like "set up as a know phone" somehow set your phone to forget all its entitlements. So any apps you downloaded before are saved with the old set of entitlements which are now showing as invalid.

When you re-download them in iTunes or AppStore it generates new entitlements for them on the fly, or something like that. It comes down to Apple's crappy DRM and the way its designed not to trust you (the end-user) under any circumstances.

Maybe, next time you update, don't set up as new phone?
    Sorry I can't be more helpful; I've seen this before but don't know of any workaround.

oh ok thanks i will try that. I did that previously and iMessaged didn't work >.< looks like i might end up re downloading them all

EDIT:

so i deleted crazy tanks from my itunes library, which was one of the apps that didnt install, then redownloaded it, then synced it and it worked. will now do this for all the apps...

IS this happening because i jailbroke? or is it apple's fault? id say its apple's fault cause im not currently jailbroken ( but will when untethered comes out for iOS5 )
    Last edited by flyingninjas; 10-27-2011 at 06:55 PM.

removed.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-30-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erikapool View Post
    removed.
    Warez/warez repos are against MMi forum rules.