Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Optimum App (cable tv) now won't run on JB devices

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    It stopped working now. It is forcing us to update to 2.0.2. I tried reinstalling but the old .deb file wouldn't work. We need a new file. Optimum sucks! Like a JB phone is going to make a difference. You are a PAYING Cablevision subscriber, so what difference does it make? It's not like you are getting it for free.
    If you can run it on a jb device then u can patch it to watch tv over VPN from anywhere, even works great over optimum wifi at the train station ;p , that's why theyre trying to stop us.

It's detecting Cydia, people in other forums are reporting that changing the name using ifile or similar still works, someone needs to release a new patch.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 10-13-2011 at 11:24 AM.

If you have ifile, go to var/stash/applications and change cydias name it will at least let you use the app. Im having trouble trying to get the vpn patch to work.

UPDATE: Resolved!

Use Cydia to remove any Optimum patches you may have installed previously.

Use iFile and browse to \Applications, find and rename it to something else ( Optimum app will now allow you to login without detecting JB. It's just looking for Cydia, when I find a new patch i'll upload it here. NOTE: Cydia won't start if it's not named back to so remember to rename it back after watching TV until new patch arrives.

VPN still working! Use new patch: com.hantek.disableoptimumvpndetection_1.0.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb

I renamed it Cydla and it works permenantly

I can also confirm live tv over vpn is now working with NO patch installed on my iPhone 4. My iPad 2 needed hantek's patch. Just rename Cydia on both devices.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 10-16-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12