Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Optimum App (cable tv) now won't run on JB devices

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    It stopped working now. It is forcing us to update to 2.0.2. I tried reinstalling but the old .deb file wouldn't work. We need a new file. Optimum sucks! Like a JB phone is going to make a difference. You are a PAYING Cablevision subscriber, so what difference does it make? It's not like you are getting it for free.
    If you can run it on a jb device then u can patch it to watch tv over VPN from anywhere, even works great over optimum wifi at the train station ;p , that's why theyre trying to stop us.

It's detecting Cydia, people in other forums are reporting that changing the name using ifile or similar still works, someone needs to release a new patch.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 10-13-2011 at 11:24 AM.

If you have ifile, go to var/stash/applications and change cydias name it will at least let you use the app. Im having trouble trying to get the vpn patch to work.

UPDATE: Resolved!

Use Cydia to remove any Optimum patches you may have installed previously.

Use iFile and browse to \Applications, find Cydia.app and rename it to something else (NotCydia.app). Optimum app will now allow you to login without detecting JB. It's just looking for Cydia, when I find a new patch i'll upload it here. NOTE: Cydia won't start if it's not named back to Cydia.app so remember to rename it back after watching TV until new patch arrives.

VPN still working! Use new patch: com.hantek.disableoptimumvpndetection_1.0.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb

I renamed it Cydla and it works permenantly

I can also confirm live tv over vpn is now working with NO patch installed on my iPhone 4. My iPad 2 needed hantek's patch. Just rename Cydia on both devices.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 10-16-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12