Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OOTunes Recordings - How to access/save to Mac/PC

Default OOTunes Recordings - How to access/save to Mac/PC
    For those that don't know ooTunes (aka. Infinite Tunes) is a streaming radio app with a database of (what seems like) every radio station in the world. You can easily search for local radio stations and stream instantly.

One really cool feature is that it automatically saves the streams as it grabs them, and you then have the option to save those streams permanently on your iPhone. Awesome! I have personally saved some great streams of songs that I would now like to pull OFF of my iPhone. Unfortunately this functionality is not a feature of the app. The app allows you to literally save within the app forever, and playback the saved files within the app, but that is all. You can NOT export.

SO, my dear community. I presume that this saved data is backed-up through itunes. The ultimate question is, how do I access the saved backups on my Mac... OR, How can I drill into the iPhone itself to grab the saved files? Is there an obvious ooTunes saved data location on either my mac or iPhone?

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks to anyone who jumps in!

~j!
    Last edited by Coluch; 08-01-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    iPhone 4
    iOS 4.3.3
    Carrier: Fido
    OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coluch For This Useful Post:

mjt79 (07-15-2014)

SIMPLE SOLUTION FOUND! Here's an update for anyone interested. This does not require a jailbreak, so any iPhone or iPod touch can use this.

There is a Mac application that extracts data from your iTunes backups. It's called iPhone Backup Extractor, and is available for free at iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor
    Donations are welcomed. I will be donating.

You simply run the program, choose an itunes backup, then choose any app in the list and extract it's data. In my case I was able to extract all of my ooTunes recordings perfectly, as they were saved into MP3 format.

I've attached screenshots below, but the program is dead simple.
    Enjoy!

-iphone_backup_tut.jpg
    iPhone 4
    iOS 4.3.3
    Carrier: Fido
    OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Coluch For This Useful Post:

mjt79 (07-15-2014)

THANKS, Coluch! 3 years later and the solution is still good. I'm selling my iPod touch because I just got an iPhone, and I have a bunch of recordings from ooTunes I really wanted to keep. The backup extractor was super easy to use, and less than ten minutes after reading your post I now have all my recordings on my comp's hard drive. Amazing, thanks again.