+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Opinions on best Microsoft app

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Folks, In your opinion, what is the best app, jailbroken or App store, to view Microsoft documents on my iPhone 4. I am mostly wanting to view and share not
    What's Jailbreak? colorado_junkie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Opinions on best Microsoft app
    Folks,

In your opinion, what is the best app, jailbroken or App store, to view Microsoft documents on my iPhone 4. I am mostly wanting to view and share not so much edit the documents. Documents to Go and Quickoffice are the 2 that I am eyeing the most but both cost more than I would like to pay. Well, whatcha think?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have used Documents 2 Go, but not QuickOffice. Docs 2 Go is okay, I don't know if I would really recommend it though. You might try to do some research on QuickOffice, I think that one has better reviews too doesn't it?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I do doc 2 go as well not the best but it does do the trick of needed.

Heard quickoffice is ok but never tried it myself
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_junkie View Post
    Folks,

In your opinion, what is the best app, jailbroken or App store, to view Microsoft documents on my iPhone 4. I am mostly wanting to view and share not so much edit the documents. Documents to Go and Quickoffice are the 2 that I am eyeing the most but both cost more than I would like to pay. Well, whatcha think?
    If cost is more of a concern than quality,
    there are quite a few FREE apps that will display MS documents simply for viewing.

(My Files - appstore)
    My Files for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

MyFile - cydia
    iFile - cydia (notfree)

They may not work with all your documents- but it could be more cost-effective to take a look first, and then decide how much you're willing to spend if they aren't "good enough".

QuickOffice is what people seem to recommend most. I've only used it very briefly- it seemed functional.

GoodReader allegedly has better support for handling very large documents. I'm not sure if this is accurate or hyperbole.

perhaps this (I got it when they had a free promotion) for viewing.
    Its worth what I paid for it, at least.
    (Air Sharing - appstore - not free! ($2.99) )
    Air Sharing for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

_________

If you want something that you'll never need to actually edit dox on the iPhone with, most of the above options should work to some extent. If you think you may need to edit, or make changes once in a great while - you'd definitely want to look at the very high-end options only; because the cheap or free ones will NOT support editing.

Try also looking for "lite" versions of anything you're interested in buying. "Lite" could be $0.99 or it might even be $0.00.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quickoffice is the best that I have used, I was still pretty disappointed about how long it took to create a simple document sometimes though.