+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: G-Toolkit, what is this?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I did a search for G-ToolKit here on ModMyI and found nothing. Yesterday I noticed that the AppStore said I had an 'update' for G-Toolkit, by EVOLENS Inc. Ive never
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default G-Toolkit, what is this?
    I did a search for G-ToolKit here on ModMyI and found nothing. Yesterday I noticed that the AppStore said I had an 'update' for G-Toolkit, by EVOLENS Inc. Ive never heard of this app so I checked out the reviews, and several of them say it's a hackers app, or that they were hacked, etc.

Needless to say I didn't 'update' this thing. I used MetaDataRemover to get rid of it and it disappeared - only to reappear a few seconds later.

I've tried Googling and can't find much on it other than the Itunes link for it there. I'm sure this is a malicious app and I'm not going to install it, but I can't figure out how to tell the AppStore that I don't want the update. Is there any way to contact the AppStore and tell them it's most likely malware and to have it removed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    I did a search for G-ToolKit here on ModMyI and found nothing. Yesterday I noticed that the AppStore said I had an 'update' for G-Toolkit, by EVOLENS Inc. Ive never heard of this app so I checked out the reviews, and several of them say it's a hackers app, or that they were hacked, etc.

Needless to say I didn't 'update' this thing. I used MetaDataRemover to get rid of it and it disappeared - only to reappear a few seconds later.

I've tried Googling and can't find much on it other than the Itunes link for it there. I'm sure this is a malicious app and I'm not going to install it, but I can't figure out how to tell the AppStore that I don't want the update. Is there any way to contact the AppStore and tell them it's most likely malware and to have it removed?
    Hey - isn't it just the gmail app?