+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: netflix 3g streaming problems

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i just downloaded the officail netflix app for my iphone and been trying to stream movies with no success over 3g. the movie starts to load but then backs out
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default netflix 3g streaming problems
    i just downloaded the officail netflix app for my iphone and been trying to stream movies with no success over 3g.

the movie starts to load but then backs out back to the menu screen. from what i do know, the app does do 3g streaming too so im not sure what the problem is.

i have a jaiolbroken iphone4 on 4.3.2

ive used it over wifi and it works. tried to use it with my3g and it doesnt work.

i tried to use it in safemode, so no mobilesubstrate things are on but then the app doesnt even start up.

if anyone has any ideas or anything please help thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default netflix 3g streaming problems
    @metalhawj, I seem to be having the same exact issue as you. Im running 4.3.3 jailbroken with redsnow. I can stream netflix over wifi but not over 3g network. My netflix does start up in safemode but does the same thing, returns to netflix menu screen. I havent been able to find a resolution yet but it seems that we arent the only ones having this issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

uninstall My3G, that's what's breaking Netflix. IOS 4.3.x update seems to have broken something that My3G uses so some apps (including Netflix) crash with it installed. Too bad Intelliborn has nothing to say on the topic. I now leave it uninstalled and reinstall on demand every time I want to face time or download a podcast/app larger than 20MB.