+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tomtom.app?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hi, i recently purchased tomtom and am trying to add custom voices. Theres a thread to do it on the official tomtom website. so it tells me to rename the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Default tomtom.app?
    hi, i recently purchased tomtom and am trying to add custom voices. Theres a thread to do it on the official tomtom website.

so it tells me to rename the file to zip

so i take the tomtom.app and rename it to tomtom.app.zip

Then i can access all files within it, then navigate to the voices directory but when i try overwrite original voice files with the new one it says i dont have permission to do so. i right clicked the file and checked permissions, they were set to FULL read/write?

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm not experienced in this field...but wouldnt renaming be for example tomtom.app *rename* tomtom.zip? Just bc usually renaming means replacing the file format with another rather than simply adding a .zip format onto the file.

Well if I'm wrong shame on me I just always though it was that way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah cus i think theyre readable as zips aswell. Cus if i rename it to a zip i can view the contents within it

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think you're misunderstanding me. If you just add .zip like tomtom.app.zip that's not renaming.

Renaming is changing tomtom.app to tomtom.zip not tomtom.app.zip

Now I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I was just saying it might make a diff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
    hi, i recently purchased tomtom and am trying to add custom voices. Theres a thread to do it on the official tomtom website.

so it tells me to rename the file to zip

so i take the tomtom.app and rename it to tomtom.app.zip

Then i can access all files within it, then navigate to the voices directory but when i try overwrite original voice files with the new one it says i dont have permission to do so. i right clicked the file and checked permissions, they were set to FULL read/write?

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Wait, something doesn't add up.

You bought these extra voices through In-App purchase, yeah? That shouldn't require any external file editing on the IPA side... Apple's HIG and dev regulations forbid In-App from doing anything other than immediately unlocking content in the app, downloading additional content (and only certain kinds of content), or opening up a streaming audio/visual channel.

Further, adding anything to an IPA on the iTunes end, even if it's correctly signed, will break the existing FairPlay DRM and the iPhone won't run the app.

Then again, the Tomtom website looks to me like a totally broken turd... bad links and poor design everywhere...

Would you please link the thread you're referring to? Thanks.