Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store is not charging me?

Default App Store is not charging me?
    I don't know if I should be happy or worried, lol- I got a new 3gs a few weeks ago and linked my iTunes account as usual. I have checked and double checked, and my credit card information is correct. I enter App Store, select an app, click 'purchase', enter my password, get the 'successful purchase' message, the app installs, and all done. However, when I check my credit card balance, I find that App Store has not deducted a single penny for my purchases. Is this something I should be worried about? I would love to just not worry about it as I have not done anything fraudulent in this (I provided MY credit card info, obviously Apple has had to verify it in order to link it to my account, and I have purchased them directly through App Store), but I don't want to end up in trouble or something. I have not bought anything since discovering this error, but I did test it just now buy 'purchasing' a 'remove ads' option in one app before posting this, and it is still the same. Is this common?
    Last edited by iAhmi; 02-13-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo

Call your credit card company.

They doNt charge immediatly, they will wait then bill you for several at once.

Yes, but how long do they usually wait? I've never paid much attention to app store charges, but just by chance noticed because I knew for a fact that over the last 3 weeks or so that I have bought about 25 or 30 apps. Shouldn't I have been billed by now? (credit card company said they have nothing from Apple on my account)

You may need to call apple then.

Or don't

No Broomhead they need to do what's right.

LOL, Broomhead.
    As i said, as nice as it would be to 'just go with it', of course I want to do what's right, I enjoy my apps and whoever develops them deserves compensation for them. I'll just call Apple and see if they can get it sorted out I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lmao broom

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have a feeling the charges will come along. I've had this happen before with my CC. I didn't see charges for like a week and a half or two. Then again they might not be charging, who knows. I guess youll find out

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea it will catch up with you

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I always get a email message when they charge my cc..... and within a few days after a purchase I get it as well...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

I never get those e-mails anymore, But I do get charged

I just wish they hadn't let it go on for so long. I should have been more responsible with how much I was spending. I don't get emails upon billing, so I always just check my cc balance every so often to see where I'm at. Anyhow, I was in poor signal today so hopefully when I call tomorrow they will fix it so it doesn't go on for 3,4 weeks anymore. I'm pretty sure I've racked up quite a bill. Thank God it's tax refund time

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    I never get those e-mails anymore, But I do get charged
    Me neither.

Twitter: @tshoults